Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Jim,

Could you give this new CT Tool r788 a try?

I don't have much time to test so let me know if it fixes the issue you reported resding settings from osd.

Miguel

• BTW, i am also using MinimOSD-Extra_Copter_Pre-release_2.4_r785 FW...

• I agree 100%. I like the post screen flight summary but only AFTER the flight where it belongs.

I am running r785 and have to stare at the "zeros" from the "post" flight screen "before" I take off toggling at 5sec intervals to my main live screen when I really like to see my live data without interruption, to verify my data before I fly.

I would like to run the latest version but for now, I will have to go back to r726 and hope this will be changed in r785 or the next.

Besides this, it is looking very solid.

• Hi David and Gregory,

I totally agree with you regarding flight summary screen.

I made this change to save space and simplify code.

I'm considering making the next copter fw version work in this way:

Only show flight summary if copter is disarmed and have been already armed at least once. 

This should be a simple and almost space costless change I guess.

What do you think?

Migue

• Yes, that would be perfect.

Thank you your great work!!!!!!!!!!

• That would be great Miguel!   It's very frustrating right now trying to watch the GPS status and other indicators while the summary screen keeps popping up before a flight.

Thanks!

Tim

• Hi Tim,

I know, I know ... my own experience also last friday fligths :S :D

Miguel

• Hi Tim,

To be sure that copter is really landed isn't an easy task. I guess that that's why APM triggered the RTL.

From my own experience, a low pass filter on 1.2GHz video is mandatory. Not only because of 2.4GHz radios but also because it interferes with GPS antenna.

Miguel

• Lol.   Don't worry, mine was much more exciting... I just tried 1.2Ghz for the first time on my Quad and still had my Frsky 2.4Ghz Rx on there (hadn't moved one of the EzUHF's over)... that RSSI icon came in handy!!! (as 1.2Ghz and Frsky Rx was a pretty short range combo).

However I did uncover a new unexpected behaviour for the Arducopter guys... (not for you).  I was sitting on the ground with the rotors armed and idling when of course the 1.2Ghz interfered with the FrSky Rx and setoff the failsafe RSSI function... which is currently set to return to launch. 

Well damn if the stupid thing didn't take off right there and try to RTL... ooops.  Well that was what it was programmed to do :-(   Couldn't disarm due to the RSSI issue.   Fun couple of seconds till it re-acquired.

Now I'm tearing down and putting the EZUhf on :-)

• Videobattery voltage in OSD:

In Multiwii-code for minimosd from KV-Team (rush-osd) they read the video-battery-voltage onboard on minimosd and show it in OSD as extra position.(main Battery from mav-link, videobattery from osd-board)

http://code.google.com/p/rush-osd-development/wiki/Hardware_Mods

The code reads the Analogin-Pin2 from 328-Chip. The setup with voltage-divider for 12V from the video-out-connector is perfect. All I need. There's no need for implementation via mav-link in Ardupilot.

It's possible (or done, planned) to implement code in minimosd-extra for APM?

A big deal?

Louis

This reply was deleted.

Activity