Aerial Mapping start-up device

Hello to everybody!

I'm planning to buy a professional UAV to boost my work activities, and I'm looking for a quality "start-up" device for mapping and photogrammetry purpouses.
I've check some documents on the web: Sensefly eBee and Swinglet seems to be in the top ten list, and they seem to be the ones that  better suits my professional needs, but...
Unfortunately, eBee costs too much for my budget while Swinglet, that I could afford, is weak wind resistant: here in Sardinia wind always blows almost every day in the whole year, often 20-30km/h and more, and considering the high cost of such devices, they have to work often to refund me their cost (Swinglet is about €20000 comprised 22% of rate and good software to manage images, photogrammetry, etc.)!!!
Furthermore, Swinglet doesn't take inclined shots nor movies, very useful in some contexts and cannot land in harsh grounds eg. gravel...

For my needs, I'd need a device with:

-Fully automatic fly system: take-off by hand, auto fly a planned survey path, automatic shots, automatic land;

-3km range can be enough;

-Land even on harsh grounds;

-Wind resistance up to 40-50 km;

-45'-1h flight autonomy;

-inclined shots and eventualy movies;

-Good camera, with good resolution, SenseFly says that uses Canon cameras (that needs no other words!) and at 130m the resolution is 4cm per pixel: nearly this is the resolution that I plan to obtain;
-I already own a Trimble gps, so I can take coordinates of GCP.

Does anyone can suggest me a device with such specifications, or maybe superior, that cost less than €20000 (22% rate and mapping/photogrammetry software included)?
Many thanks in advance,

Beppe

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you! This one seems very interesting, but it supports fully automatic fly system?
      I forget to say that I have no experience in remote controlling, so I rather would use an hand-launch-and-forget device: I have the impression that in this way a plane could be easier to use for those who are unfamiliar with remote controls, or isn't it?

• Hello Beppe,

Since fully autonomous flight is not allowed in Germany, this aircraft needs an RC Control. But like my Multirotor with the APM you do not have more to do than program the waypoints on the Computer, send them to the copter, start the motors and raise the throttle. The rest is done by the aircraft, even the automatic landing.

You need not do more with the RC control, but are able to interfere any time if you like.

This reply was deleted.

Activity