Aerial Photog for commercial purposes question

If this is the wrong forum area, I apologize. Where should this discussion be placed?

I am wondering what sort of prices the aerial photo companies are asking per picture or for services rendered? I'm needing this info for a business model.

Not sure where to find this.

Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Stephen,
    Doing the same in Europe and inside my geographical range the companies ask about €80/photo (108 american dollars) and they will shoot the photo when they are in the area. If the photo has to been taken on a certain date then the costs will rise (fast). These are all oblique photo''s, Vertical photo''s are more expensive.
    Grtz bart
  • Stephen,
    check our runryder.com and aplanding.com - both have extensive information on aerial photography and lots of very professional and helpful guys there.

Mike
  • FAA regulations (unless it changes from state to state) say to go no higher than 400 ft. I may not be doing it commercially and maybe that might be the difference, but I didn't have any slack at all when talking to my FAA rep. ;) For me it pretty much came down to what I was using it for, how big is it?, and is there an airport 3 miles or less away, along with staying under the 400 ft. high mark. Other than that I was good to go. Maybe do a little research with the FAA and see what they may or may not allow you to do , or just give them an idea of what you would like to do and see if they can give you any advice.
  • I know when I recently got into all of this I was looking at satellite images and the companies were doing that for about $100-$150. But then end result was a very blury not very detailed image. This is when I finally decided to take matters into my own hands. Sure it costs more to create your own drone but the image quality is (or it should be) far better.
  • Here's one that's not affraid to put the prices out in the open: leteckafotografie.com.

1 USD is about 18.5 CZK right now, so they're asking $430 to $540 for "1 object imaging or complex object from several directions". Tax not included :)
  • T3
    less than you think...I was told that an established aerial photography company wants between $175 to $250 a shoot. This includes cost of the aircraft, photographer and a number of images. The implication is that if this work is not on your door step there is very little margin.
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…