Hi guys, I have not followed the last release, so I got very upset when I updated my old, steady 3.2.1 Octa-Quad multirotor with the new 3.3.2. Of course I do realize that my system is kind of a mess, because I am using that multirotor for research and testing, so I know there are some vibrations and even some magnetic disturbances. Besides, the 3.2.1 had been flowing just fine. 

I installed the firmware, did all the calibrations (accelerometers, magnetometers, motors, esc..) and went flying. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMMURxY4pHo

I attached the telemetry, but here there are some figures:

Throttle Out:

3691267454?profile=original

AltHold:

3691267448?profile=original

Vibrations:

3691267471?profile=original

Accelerometer Bias

3691267382?profile=original

Here is the only bad result from an autotest:

Test: IMU Mismatch = FAIL - Check vibration or accelerometer calibration. (Mismatch: 2.61, WARN: 0.75, FAIL: 1.50)

I tried to play a little bit with the EKF parameters, but got worst, so I would like to share my experience for you guys can help me to find the best direction to move on and get rid of this (only) issue.

Thanks

2016-01-14 16-38-46.bin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think a lot of people spend a LOT of time on vib isolation when the main issue is balanced props AND a stiff frame. If you get those two things right you hardly need any vib isolation.  But that is odd when he went to 3.3 it had problems. Maybe a dev can point out why... I don't really remember that being a big discussion on the 3.3 thread do you? 

• Richard, which has less vibration, stiff or flexible frame?

This reply was deleted.

Activity