Am I ready for first flight?

I have a Tarot Pro 680 hex with a new pixhawk controller.  I have gotten to the point that the radio is calibrated, modes are set, gps and telemetry is fine.  I have tied the copter down so that I can test its response to the controls but not have a crash.  A few things have come up.  When I arm in acro mode the hex does respond to roll, pitch and yaw, but the throttle seems to have only one speed no matter where the stick is.  The motors will come to a stop when the stick is brought down.  I would have thought that the throttle in acro mode would go up and down with the stick.  The other thing is while in stabilize mode, the throttle works the same as in acro mode but the hex doesn't seem to respond to roll, pitch , and yaw inputs.  I am new to DIY multis and would appreciate some help.

Bernie

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have the same frame and controller as you with the 3DR GPS. I started with the default settings, did all the calibrations including accelerometer, ESC, and compassmot, So far it's working fine. I've been very conservative, though, since I'm just using it for a camera platform. I take off in Stabilize mode then switch to Loiter at about 5 meters altitude. I then use the throttle to adjust altitude and the pitch and yaw to fine tune position. I'd stick with v3.1.5 of the software for now, the beta tester are having some issues with 3.2.

• Solved!

Throttle_max was set to a very low number preventing the motors from spooling up.  I set it to 1000 and was good to go.  Unfortunately the hex did flip over twice on my first attempt to fly.  I will look over parametrs and the log to finf the cause.  No damage.

This reply was deleted.

Activity