Replies

• Great work Rolf!

Can you still integrate 2 digital ports for Arming and GPS status?

Background: I have used on my Copters with the APM 2.5 port A7 for an Arming Led and port A6 for an GPS Led.
    After switching to the PIXHAWK I miss these leds.

The Toshiba I ² C LED is not available and not bright enough.

regards Peter

•  I want to use Teensy++ 2.0  for this rather than Teensy 3.1 which I am not getting at the moment from Sparkfun.

Is your code downward compatible to Teensy++ 2.0 ?

• The Teensy does analog in.  How hard would it be to detect individual cell voltages connecting the balance plug to those inputs?  If you're running the teensy at 3.3v, you'd need to step down the voltage.  But if you're running it at 5v, I think they could go directly in.

Here's a diagram of how the balance plug is wired.  Since the cells are in series, you have to test between the cells to get the voltage of each cell.

https://f47fb5b4-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/tjinguytech/charging-how-tos/balance-conn…
  • @ Ralph, sorry I've just realized that you were talking precisely about smart port on the x8r and I have only D4R-II is the telemetry port on D4R-II the same as s.port + Tx pin? 

• Yes! Got mine working. I did some small change on the source code to compute/detect the number of cell from 2S to 6S. I tested it on 3S and 4S. My voltage is a little off with my meter but it is fault of the APM. Just need to calibrate it on the APM settings. 

Thanks again for sharing this.

3692938394?profile=original3692938520?profile=original3692938457?profile=original3692938482?profile=original3692938607?profile=original3692938569?profile=original3692938594?profile=original

• Here is some pictures from the Taranis screen showing the data received from APM:

3692938304?profile=original

3692938236?profile=original

3692938296?profile=original

3692938329?profile=original

• Rolf, 

I am going to order a teensy 3.1.  I have a taranis transmitter that I would like to get data from my apm.  To be clear,  you did get this up and working.  What are you showing on your taranis screen?  I am mostly interested in altitude and battery voltage.

Thanks

• Awesome work ! Can you shoot a small video clip of your Transis screen and post, will be 2 much good !

• Wow!!  This is what I'm looking for my first quadcopter build. My goal is reduce the weight by removing unecessary redundant sensory. I just ordered the teensy but unfortunately I don't have much experience in micro-controller development. 

Any resources you can point me where to start how to compile the code you shared. Or this is already compiled? I just did a quick reading on the teeny site and it is looking for .hex binaries for the program. 

Thanks again for sharing this.

This reply was deleted.

Activity