Replies

• It's not, it just prevents powering the board from both USB & Vin at the same time. Mine is cut and to flash the board I just plug an old NiCad directly into the Rx and then plug in USB. I do however unplug the telem connector before powering the board this way because I am unsure as to how I ruined the Mux chip on my APM 2.6 and don't want to risk damaging the PixHawk.

• T3

Okay, so I have another question. I have this working and get telemetry on my Taranis fine. I only have GND and Rx connected as I am also running a 3DR telemetry radio and it's fine. However, I found that when I first start up my quad, I get no telemetry at all on my Taranis and get nothing until my 3DR radio connects to my ground station. Once connected, then regardless of the ground station connection, I get telemetry on my Taranis. It would be really nice if the telemetry on the Taranis started up but it looks like that isn't the case. Does anyone know why that would be?

For those using a Pixhawk and Telemetry 2, did you have GND, Tx, and Rx connected or just GND and Rx?

Thanks.

• @healthyfatboy

The pixhawk will only start outputing mavlink data once it receives a heartbeat message over mavlink first. In your case, as you don't have the Tx from the teensy connected it is waiting for the heartbeat message from 3DR radio and GCS.

If you connect to Telem2 you will need Tx, Rx and GND for this to work. The teensy will send out data on the Tx to pixhawk to start the mavlink data.

• T3

Alright, did it this way and it worked just fine. Thanks!

• T3

Perfect. That's what I needed to know. I'll give that a try again tonight. It makes sense now why it didn't work the first time.

Thanks again and I'll report back for documentation purposes.

• Without access to telemetry displays

See if someone has something similar happened and can help me:
    It turns out that I cann't access to telemetry screens (long press on the "page" button according to the manual) from the main view screen.
    I got synchronized with a Teensy 3.1 board connected to the  telemetry  port on APM 2.6 but I cann't get into those screens. I was update firmware via companion9x a while but can not remember if I had access to previously. However companion9x with simulation using the same settings as I have in the station I can to access from the computer.
    I have also tried to connect without connecting the receiver or other hardware and the same result. I have also tried to put the original firmware and I haven't succeeded.
    Has anyone had problems with access to these screens, I am doing something wrong?
    Thank you very much, greetings
  • T3

Okay, I'm having issues with the data not showing up on my Taranis.

I'm running a TBS Disco on 4S and am using a Pixhawk. My 3DR radio is connected to Telemetry 1 on the FC and my Teensy is connected to Telemetry 2. The Teensy connections are the 3 for S.Port which I confirmed go to the proper port on my X6R, and the other connections are ground on the middle and right side of the board and also Pin 9 on the Teensy going to Pin 2 of Telemetry 2. The Vin and USB power trace has also been cut as well.

When I power things up, I find that the LED on the Teensy will blink slowly and then it will be "solid." I only say "solid" because it looks like it's flickering very fast. From everything I read, I assume that means it is receiving MavLink data.

I also have a telemetry connection from the X6R to the Taranis as if I turn off the quad, it'll tell me I don't have any telemetry connection anymore.

On Feb 4 page 4, you posted a response to micropet to make sure to set pins I'm using to output. If we following wiring you set out, shouldn't those pins already be set up properly?

Any other tips on what could possibly be wrong and how to get it working?

• Hi,

I had the same issue few days ago with the same symptoms and I solved it by connecting teensy to Telemetry 1 (I just soldered a 3 way cable which is feeding 3dr radio, minimosd and teensy, just GND and RX for the last two are connected).

I did some debugging and it seemed that just heartbeat packets were arriving trough telemetry 2.

• T3

Thanks for the tip. I soldered it to the 3DR radio connector (Rx, GND) and the data comes through just fine now. It's a little cleaner setup as well, which is nice for my quad.

Thanks again.

• T3

So I should just piggy back off the connector going to my telemetry radio then? I guess it's just two wires and should be easy enough to do. I'll give that a try.

Thanks.

This reply was deleted.

Activity