Replies

• Definatelly opened my eyes on teensy. I think it is more powerfull than apm itself :) anyone willing to come up with a sensor shield for it?
  • Great program - it worked first try. Thank you. 

Also taught me about the Teensy 3.1 - what a great little board. 

I wanted to see if could combine the mavlink data with SPORT sensor data so that I could use the FLVSS LiPo sensor also. By commenting out the lines that sent the cell data and total voltage,  and removing the check for sensor ID 2 ( 0x1A) it worked fine. Now I will try to see if I can auto detect the FLVSS so that it will switch between that and internally calculated battery data. 

Andrew

• TEENSY MAVLINK FRSKY SPORT FAILING FLVSS WHILE LOOPING ABSENT POWERMODULE: 

FOUND THIS FORUM ENTRY ABOVE & SUCCESS. 

1.  WITH TEENSY DAISYCHAINED TO FLVSS & WITHOUT APM POWER MODULE TO READ VOLTAGES

1A.  FAIL:  VERSION MavLink_FrSkySPort_1.3.zip

1A1.  THE TEENSY LOOPS A APM/PIXHAWK WITHOUT A POWER MODULE.

1A1A.  RESULTING "ZERO VOLTS" IN A CASE LOOP. 

1A1B.  REASON IF APM/PIXHAWK HAS NO POWER MODULE THEN IT SENDS "ZERO VOLTS" IN A CASE LOOP. 

2.  IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE APM/PIXHAWK POWER MODULE THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE THE CODE FOR THE POWER MODULE. 

2A.  ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS FROM ANDREW WERE SUCCESFUL.

2A1.  IN ARDUINIO I EDITED FRSKYSPORT.H & FRSKYSPORT SUCCESFULLY:

2A2.  FRSKYSPORT.H

LEAVE AS IS    #define SENSOR_ID2  0x0D

//  REMOVE   #define FR_ID_CELLS              0x0300     
      //  REMOVE   #define FR_ID_CELLS_LAST   0x030F   

2A3.  FRSKYSPORT

// REMOVE   case 8:        // First 2 cells

//

// REMOVE   case 9:        // Optional 3 and 4 Cells

//

// REMOVE  case 10:       // Optional 5 and 6 Cells

//

3.  TEENSY WITH AN FLVSS & APM/PIXHAWK POWER MODULE: 

3A. I DO NOT YET HAVE THE APM/PIXHAWK POWER MODULE CURRENTLY IN POSTAL. 

• I want the error codes not have on the TARANIS, but on the Teensy.
    I want, for example, blink a Led at a low voltage or other Errors that come from PIXHAWK.

Peter

• Hello Rolf,

HDOP is fine.

How do I get error messages evaluated:
    eg. undervoltage

regards Peter

• maybe lets ask someone if there is enough memory left on apm2.6 to do it nativelly? there are 2 serial ports on apm 2.5+ the second one needs to have pins soldered on and a hole made in the casing. I've used it on another apm (deceased) with raspberry pi conjunction. no programming was involved, only setting up all the parameters right. 

• Nice work Rolf!

Would I be wrong to assume we could do this inboard the flight controller if there were a spare uart port? Such as the pixhawk?

I have a taranis, x8r and pix hawk and am willing to try this. Do you know of anyone that has done this?
  • Hello Rolf,

the program works fine.

But I miss the display of HDOP data. Can you integrate that?

regards Peter

• Hello,

I am looking for a way to do the oposite :)

Convert SPort sensors data into MavLink to use it with an OSD like minimosd. Basically to see the sensors data on fatshark googles.

• Rolf, I've just ordered x8r and teensy and planning to use your program on it, however, I am new to the arduino/microcontroller programming, I used to program in java and in c++ back in school and right after the school. So I am not new to programming, but certainly new to teensy. I need to grub some data from the mavlink, reduce its bitrate and send it to a FSK modem. would I need to use digital or analog pins to write to FSK? and if you happen to know an example of anything remotely similar to what I am planning on doing I would appreciate a link. 

Thank you! 

p.s. I think I've received an email update from diydrones forum bot about you mentioning possibility of using teensy to convert s.bus to ppm. I do think it should be possible, however, I do not know a thing about s.bus protocol. It would be very elegant to use just a single board. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity