Developer

Hi ya'll,

The thread on my blog post is getting a little unmanageable.  How about we discuss test results here instead...  

I'll also post release notes as new builds are out.  The device must support 'USB host mode' (most devices running android 3.1 or later are fine).  You'll need a 'OTG' adapter such as this

Please post feedback here or on the github issues site - the google play comments are not really useful yet.

3689504133?profile=original

3690988742?profile=original

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_appr_group

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Oops!  I forgot one more change needed for copter GPS support.   So don't be surprised if that doesn't work yet...

• Developer

Update: 1/25/13 New alpha released - You can download a binary from github.  Or wait a few hours and it will be up on the play store.  Thank you to the kind folks who sent tlog files from vehicles that didn't work, try this release - it should be better...

As always feedback is welcome...

# 0.1.12
    * Fix crash when no waypoints were on the target (auto bug report from China)
    * Allow adjusting serial link baud rates
    * support of direct APM connection
    * FIXME: parameter display/editing not quite ready
    * RTS/CTS flow control for the telemetry link
    * Fix crash that could occur the first time a device was ever connected
    * Ask for more stream types (so we work with arducopter)
    * Add outbound UDP gateway support (see settings menu - for now you need to unplug/replug serial port if you change settings)

• Yipii !!! got the usb serial port working.... this is how !

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11183792/android-usb-host-and-hi...

I see data on the serial usb monitor lite is what I mean....

Now to tru the MP prog...

Earl

• Kevin love the way this is going..  You got a beer fund anywhere? Love to buy you a beer or 12 for your efforts 

• Developer

No release tonight, but a bunch of features coming.  Here's a screenshot from talking directly to an APM...

3692600830?profile=original

• Developer

Um.  If you are in China and the app just crashed on you.  Sorry about that, fix will be in next version: https://github.com/geeksville/arduleader/issues/4

auto crash report from china - work when there are zero waypoints · Issue #4 · geeksville/arduleader
    tail of empty apparently bad... java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: empty.tail at scala.collection.TraversableLike$class.tail(TraversableLike.sc…
  • my honor2 doesn t support host so i can t use this apk  ..arf so sad

• wow kevin,

This sure has taken off. I guess a LOT of people were wanting an android version of MP. Congrats.

BTW, My usb problem is a driver problem related to the Pipo S2 tablet. Heck, what do ya want for $122 ?

I am going to try to find or write the driver.

Earl

• Kevin, as an alternative to Bluetooth...

It seems as if I'll have to have my phone at the field no matter what, because it is needed to serve as a Wifi hotspot so the tablet can get the map data.  Would it be possible/easy to set it up so that the 3DR radio is plugged into the phone via OTG, and it can sit on a table.  Then have your app running on my tablet, which is getting wifi from the phone, and also forwarding the MAVlink data?

• What is ECC? How do i change it?

Thanks
This reply was deleted.

Activity