Any Ideas/ Recommendations?

Here are some pics of a new blending wing design I am building from scratch. No plans, just from my head. I set up an old electric glider to test out my fpv system. I have all the bugs worked out of that and it works marvelous. I am building the wing out of housing styrofoam/carbon tubing and possibly covering it with heat on monocote or something similar. Any ideas or recommendations would be awesome!

P8010622.JPG

P8010623.JPG

P8030626.JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You've probably finished this by now but here are my suggestions:

Plastic iron on covering would probably need to be of the "low temperature" type. You might be able to get away with nothing more than packing tape. If you really wanted to spend some time and money, you could use 0.5 or 0.75 ounce glass cloth applied with either epoxy or water-based polyurethane. Of course, the fiberglass will add weight

I really like the overall design. Did you use any washout at the wingtips? What airfoil(s) did you use for the root and tip? What's the span and wing area? I've been thinking of building something like this as well. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

• 3690882173?profile=original3692247629?profile=original

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692247629?profile=original
  • Well, like anything else, find the center of gravity and she'll go.  The guys over at rcFoamFighters.com did a great build along on the "bullet proof wing" that i bet would apply to your platform perfectly.

This reply was deleted.

Activity