Replies

• Wow, I forgot about this thread - I will consider the meetup on the 18th.

I found a group of people also working on drones within the Dallas Maker Space - Some may already be familiar with this group. https://dallasmakerspace.org/blog/

People are welcome to drop by - Thursday evenings and Weekends are good - There is almost always someone around.

Blog
  • I don't have any experience but I would like to maybe get a group together to see what we could learn from each other.
  • I built a TRex 450 and flew about 6 years ago. I could hover, but never got much past that outside of simulators.

I enjoyed building the heli much more than flying it. I have been kicking myself that the machine has been sitting dormant for so long and automation is a good reason to get back in (systems automation is what I do professionally now, so it kind of works out).

I think I have all parts I need collected. I need to get through another project before rebuilding the heli, I expect in a month or two I will start tearing into it.

If people in or near Dallas wish to get together to compare notes and discuss, please let me know and I will try to organize something.

• I have access to lots of arduino, parallax and lots of other electronics for a discount or for free. I don't have much experience with RC but if we get enough people together maybe we can put something together or work together to make something work.

• I'm in South Arlington.  I've flown helicopters long enough to be competent, but never the UAV stuff.  Also have it set up for FPV, but never had the nerve and want a "copilot" the first few timesl.

• Hi

I'm am in the far northeast fort worth/keller area. But I am very new to this too and looking for a group or something to get involved in.

This reply was deleted.

Activity