APM 2.0 Need Help in memory card and logging

Hello!

I have an APM 2.0 Purple with ArduPlane 2.40 and i need some help to solve some problems. I use the board only to acquire data from the sensors, no autopilot is used the only connection to the board is the battery. At this moment the board is logging ATTITUDE_MED GPS and RAW data. 

My problems are the memory capacity of the memory card and the parameters that the logging code allows, i need more memory for the logs because my flights are loooong and i need more information in the logs.

My questions are the following:

Can i switch the memory card to let's say a 1 or 2 gb micro sd card?

Is it possible to change the Arduplane Code in order to also allow the logging off temperature and barometric pressure?

Best Regards

André Marques

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In this page talks about the APM 2.0 and says 

The SD slot can read regular SD cards. But for the moment we don’t use them in ArduPlane or Arducopter code because writing regular FAT tables is very slow and can screw up the main loop refresh rate (We’re not using a RTOS yet, and won’t until we migrate to ARM in Q1 next year). There’s why I have created a custom SD card with dataflash on it (twice the capacity of the one in APM 1.0), plus it has the advantage of being removable so you can have multiple logs or you can easily replace it when you exceed the life of the chip. But in case you are planning to use APM 2.0 in something that doesn’t require a 200Hz loops (like a very powerful data logger or weather station) you can interface with a regular SD cards and write text files on them. The possibilities are endless!

Can I say that my configuration is a very powerful logger?

• 3D Robotics

A few answer: 

1) If you enable telemetry, you can log all the data you want on the ground

2) You cannot use regular micro SD cards

3) You should be using ArduPlane 2.60!

4) I think there probably is a way to log the raw temp and pressure (rather than just the derived altitude) but it involves more code changes than I personally know how to do.

This reply was deleted.

Activity