APM 2.0 on a Gaui 330X-S First Impressions

I’m testing the APM 2.0 on my Gaui 330x-s quad. The setup went very smooth. I set my flight options to stable, alt hold, and loiter. The quad flies great in stable mode, I would say just as good as with the Gaui GU-344 controller. Switching to alt-hold, the quad can hold altitude within 10-12 feet on average which is ok but could be better. I switch to loiter mode which I am most excited about and that darn thing moves all over the place. It takes a 30 – 40 foot area to fly it in this mode. It looks fine then turns sharply then corrects slowly back to position sometimes. I’m thinking there is a setting in the software I need to mess with. Any ideas?

I’m looking at getting one of the heavy-lift next level frames and want to run this controller on it but I need to make it work on this Gaui first to get confident with it. I think it would do much better on a larger quad with some weight, but I can’t make the big purchase until I get this going. I’m primarily going to use it for AP so it has to work good in loiter mode. My DJI equipped Trex 700E holds solid in the air and that’s what I’m comparing this to.

Thanks.

Tony

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You have to experiment with PID values. I have Gaui 500  frame and I also had to change some PID values to get it more or less good in altitude hold (plus minus 1 meter or plus minus 10 cm with sonor).

This reply was deleted.

Activity