APM 2.5 Barometer fluctuates while on ground

Does anyone know why my barometer (altitude) would be fluctuating so greatly when the aircraft is not even flying?  I have it on a table in my house connected to the mission planner software.  When I first connected the aircraft to my laptop I saw the altitude was about 5.  After about 10-15 minutes of watching it, it has now climbed to 18.18.  Any reason why?  I have the same problem while flying.  It goes up, then goes down, so I am always fighting it on the throttle.  I assume the sensor is causing this problem. 

I have tried covering the barometer with different things as I read on these boards.  Tissue, black e-tape, both tape and tissue, a plastic cover over the entire apm, nothing seems to help the aircraft from dropping and rising while in flight.  I am thinking about getting a wookong which my friend recommended.  His hexa seems super stable even without a gps lock indoors.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks

Jason

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I also experienced the same problem, so I have the intention to replace the pressure sensor / barometer? due to the barometer, my Multicopter not want to turn off the throttle or landing, perhaps because the barometer detects still at altitude.
    thanks
    rudy
  • I'm having the same issue. In sensor test mode im getting -100cm to +50 cm while the board is at rest. I emailed 3D robotics last night, I hope this is normal and not a defective sensor.

Frank

3692619755?profile=original3692619634?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity