APM 2.5 works with usb not lipo.

The APM powers up from the USB port, but it does not seem to power up from the APM 2.5 Power Module I just get single beeping noise and the motors twitch. Also the receiver and GPS are not turning on like they do when I power it from the USB port.  I did not install the separate power source jumper.

At this point I'm at a loss of what to try any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• With APM 2.5 and Power Module, use THIS.

Pay particular attention to the paragraph...

Note for ArduCopter users: you must remove the APM's JP1 jumper when using the Power Module so your electronics are only powered from the Power Module's onboard regulator and not from your ESCs.

For those of you versed in schematics, take a look at the Simplified 5V/Vcc APM2.5 Schematic.

The 'Mystery Port' on the lower right hand side is the Power Module port.

-=Doug

• Hi Ben,

I understand that I can power it from two separate sources but I was under the impression if I had the APM 2.5 Power Module I would only need one power source. Before I did the ESCs calibration it was all being powered from the one source but after the ESCs cailbration I get no power to the APM or the receiver.

Thanks and I appreciate your help.

Wayne.

• Hi Wayne,

have you read this?

It's also possible to power APM 2.5 from two separate sources, one powering the RC system on the input side, and the other powering the output side (servos or ESCs). This is determined by a jumper on the JP1 pins (see below). If the jumper is on, the board is powered from the Output rail or the USB. If the jumper is off, the board is powered from the Input rail, but the Output rail will need its own power source. This configuration is used if you want to have two separate power sources in your aircraft, one powering the servos and the other powering the electronics.

btw: I have the same problem since today, though it worked fine until now. I'm still trying to figure out what my problem is, perhaps bad ESCs because I just flashed them.

This reply was deleted.

Activity