APM 2.5 not powering up via lipo

I got the adrucopter kit for xmas!  It was going together great until I got to the ESC calibration.

The APM powers up from the USB port, but it does not seem to power up from the power distribution board.  I have checked with a dmm and 5V is coming out of the power board, but the APM is not turning on.  Also the receiver and GPS are not turning on like they do when I power it from the USB port.  I did not install the separate power source jumper.

At this point I'm at a loss of what to try.  Could some experts suggest some things to try?

I'm a relatively technical guy and can understand simple digital circuits so feel free to suggest thinks for a person of that knowledge level.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• arghh wel i just pluged it all in , and nothing.....apm doesnt power up at all. i dont hav my multimeter here to check either so that suks. anyone got ideas ? do i have to actually charge the battery ? 

• That was the problem, it's working now.  Once I get it running I'll be ordering a few more parts like this power module.  Thanks Chris!

BTW - I just read your Makers Industrial Revolution book and think it was a great!

• 3D Robotics

If you're not using the APM 2.5+ Power Module, you must have the JP1 jumper on. Otherwise it will not get power from the PDB. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…