APM 2.5 only boot via USB

Hi my APM 2.5 arrived today and I have just fitted to a new build frame, loaded new 2.7.3 and all running fine with the usb but when I try and power the board from the esc's I get the blue light flash 2 times then amber once then nothing.

If i connect the usb to the board with the battery connected all is ok and the board boot's up and then I can arm.

If i then unplug the usb with the battery still attached it remains in boot mod and I can arm.

there is a jumper on J1 I have checked and the board was fully assembled one

can some one please assist in this problem

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I too seem to be suffering the same fate.

This is my first venture into UAVs and waited patiently for the new APM 2.5.

It looks like there is a similar thread here which I posted on until I found this one.

http://diydrones.ning.com/profiles/blogs/apm2-esc-startup-problem-a...

Some direct input from 3DR would be nice as there does seem to be a few of us now !

• i have exactly the same problem with a brand new apm 2.5 ....

• I just got my 2.5 and set it up for my quad copter. Everything works fine except when I try and boot it up from battery. I have the exact same problem. I have a 2 story house and I would set it up via the USB, unplug everything and go out in the yard and it would not boot up properly. Huh? Then I would go back upstairs and everything works fine. If I boot it up with the USB and take it outside without disconnecting the battery it works fine. You are not alone. I read somewhere that it is a known problem that they are working on. I would think this would present a big problem using RTL. Would it crash into my house trying to get to the boot site or is there a way to get it to find a new home location. What would happen if it did the disarm motors for 15 seconds to get a new level would it also pick up that as a new home location? A temp work around is using a laptop outdoors every time you want to fly but I would guess everyone can't do that.

• If supplying 5V (typical BEC found on ESC) on the RC input the J1 should be open (i.e. no jumper).

http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/APM2board

• BUMP

well got the same reply from 3DR emailed on 08/09/12 and no reply SO much for support :-(

• NO one??

This reply was deleted.

Activity