Title says it all. This is my first major "unconquerable" task. Wondering if anybody has had this issue. I have the PIDs pretty close, but I feel as though it could be more responsive and less "drunk". I was hoping I could try this out. Here is my setup.

Personal Design 3D Printed H Frame

Size: 190mm x 190mm motor to motor

AUW: 535.3g

APM 2.5(Chinese)

External Ublox 6H with Compass

12a SimonK Emax ESCS

RCX ZMR 1804 2300kv Motors

APM Power Module(Chinese, no BEC)

Turnigy 9x Tx with Turnigy 9X8C-V2 8-channel Rx

APM Telemetry Transceivers

I have my flight mode switch to take off in Stabilize, then I switch to alt hold. I then switch on autotone, and in Mission Planner it says its enabled, but then the copter still just holds altitude and doesn't twitch on the roll axis as it should.

I have tried flashing a newer version of APM, the beta 3.2 rc5, to no avail. Was wondering if maybe an older version might do the trick. Is it possible that my PID starting points are not good enough?

Pics and PIDs: http://imgur.com/a/omncT I have relocated the 2.4 antenna since then, to have a jack out the top of the Control Rx. And I have attached the GPS to a 4" riser on the right rear (just the right of the Telem. Transceiver. Other than that, its all the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know I am in somewhat virgin territory with such a small quad equipped with all the goodies. I am slightly underpowered, but I can hover at 60% no problem(alt hold dead zone is a little low, so I need to input a little more throttle, is that my issue?) GPS hold is spot on, rock solid, and I only get a little "wobbly" while descending quickly and straight into my prop wash, and banking EXTREMELY hard. I am just stumped as to where to start.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Update: Fixed Throttle Mid. Autotune still not functioning.

• Are the trims on the RX centered? If not, autotune sees these trims as stick inputs and does not twitch.

• Just fixed this earlier. I adjusted the Throttle Mid, recalibrated ESCs, and recalibrated Radio Control in APM.  Still no joy.  I have been tuning manually tonight, and have seen some great increases in control, however I know Autotune isn't perfect, but I would still like to try it!

This reply was deleted.

Activity