APM 2.6 Clones, what are my chances?

So, maybe a silly question, but what are my chances on getting a good, well functional APM 2.6 clone from eBay. A few days ago I decided to build a tricopter to come back to the RC hobby after some time. I did my "research" by finding a tricopter I liked online and swiping it's list of parts :) I went on a little shopping spree on ebay, and my packages are on their way.

Now that I am doing more research, looks like everything I got is pretty good stuff, but the APM 2.6 I got is clearly a clone. From the looks of it, it's a pretty good one, but then again, it's just pictures. So, realistically, what are my chances of getting a good, well functioning clone from eBay. Is it at least 50/50?

Just curious. I know the official 3DR APM 2.6 is probably the way to go, but since I have the clone already on the way and I can't cancel the order, is it worth giving it a shot. I read about lot's of people having problems with the clones. But are there good once around, or are they all pretty much crappy?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Also, are there any high res pictures of the front and back of the real APM 2.6 PCB. I would like to compare it to the one I get from 3DR, just to at least make sure it has all the same stuff on it. Google search turned up lots of pics, but it's hard to tell which once are real and which once are clones.

This reply was deleted.

Activity