APM 2.6 inside F550

Toying with a foray into hexland, and figured this was the cheapest route. I have some "used" tmotor 2216-11's and 10" props and some big 3S Lipos' lying around which I figure will do.

But I like the clean look, and would prefer to house the APM internally in the frame, along with the radio rx, and FPV tx. The only thing "upstairs" would be the GPS/compass. And maybe the Lipo ( though I'd prefer this to be below the prop-line TBH).

Anyone done this, and is there any recommendations?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Euan,

I am working on this also but don't see a good way to stuff all the bits between the two plates like Naza. For me access for service is more important than hiding everything.

I just finished a preliminary set of stack plates shapes/dimensions. They will hold the RX, arming plug, and APM 2.6. The lowest plate will hold the GPS folding pole mount. Middle plate is the RX deck, top the APM. The three will bolt to the upper DJI plate. The PM will go between the F550 plates.

When I get a mock-up made, I will reply back here with pics.

-=Doug

• Yep, you have exactly the right idea, there is plenty of room in the 550 centre plate for an apm and bits (i've actually done it on a f330 - that was a tight fit!), and since you are using the external compass you don't have to worry about interference from the built-in PDB. Just make sure the compass is at least 100mm above the PBD and you should be laughing.

This reply was deleted.

Activity