APM 2.012 Factory Reset issues

I've erased EEPROM completely, then factory reset, then setup everything and run every test. Everything looks fine. I even trimmed my RC transmitter, so that in CLI radio test in neutral postions it shows 0 for all used channels except ch8. Tried many times.

Always getting this line on factory reset (even after few times reflashing same 2.012 hil mavlink firmware):

EEPROM format version  2 not compatible with this firmware (requires 2)

Another bug that I've found is that Yaw PID values by default is always zero.

Gains----------------------------------------

servo roll:P: 0.400, I:0.000, D:0.000, IMAX:500

servo pitch:P: 0.600, I:0.000, D:0.000, IMAX:500

servo rudder:P: 0.000, I:0.000, D:0.000, IMAX:0

nav roll:P: 0.700, I:0.000, D:0.020, IMAX:500

nav pitch airpseed:P: 0.650, I:0.000, D:0.000, IMAX:500

energry throttle:P: 0.500, I:0.000, D:0.000, IMAX:20

nav pitch alt:P: 0.650, I:0.000, D:0.000, IMAX:500

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

The "error" message you get on factory reset is normal behavior.   We do not try to catch this "exception" as the we are getting short on code space and it is not considered worth the space.

By "Yaw PID values by default is always zero", do you mean that the default is zero, or that when you change the values in the config file that the values do not appear after reset?  If you mean the default that is again normal behavior.  The rudder can can be controlled using a PID loop off the y axis accelerometer and/or a feedforward off the aileron output.  The default is to use "Rudder_Mix" to feedforward from the aileron output as this works well enough for most airframes and is much easier to tune.  Tuning the yaw PID loop is probably the most "advanced" loop to tune.

If you did mean that values changed in the config file do not appear after a reset, please enter an issue in the repository issue tracker.

This reply was deleted.

Activity