APM mini v3.1 Help with Terminal in Mission Planner

Trying to get my new build GPS functional. It is very stable and great control in stabilize mode but when switched to any GPS modes it doesn't work. 

I want to dig through graphs (and i think its called C.L.I.) and figure out whats happening. When I open Terminal and try to connect it just shows Some words but after that its all random text. I have read all over different forums and each has a different Idea or explanation on what it is. I would like to know if anyone has any experience with APM mini v3.1.

Havent figured this out or how to do/use it:

Data logs can be downloaded using the Telemetry and Data Flash Logs Tabs at the bottom of the HUD in the MP.
              Link

Heres a eBay Link to what I purchased. (Dirt cheap build) Let me know if there is something im missing or a different flight controller I should look into or invest into that will still give me loiter, rtl, etc features.

Using Turnigy 9x v2 stock firmware and rx

Thanks in advance for ANY replies since my last post in Newbie forums has been dead for days...

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Put AC 3.3.2 on, read a post about 3.3v reg possibly going bad. Plugged in 11.1v batt and then hooked up to mission planner and it all started working. Got it calibrated, then did a test flight in my kitchen and it worked... Now to wait for a calm day and do auto trim, auto tune, and then test gps functions like alt hold, then loiter... wish me luck...

would still like to know how to do the compassmot test without CLI.

Also how to test for vibration.

• So.... I tried going back to the original firmware I had and the list looks different and puzzling. I tried AC 3.3.2 and a few others and now i'm having connection issues, No heartbeat packets received and try doing accel calibrations but it wont work. hud isnt working either. Any Ideas?

• CLI is disabled in the newer version.  It's doesn't need to be used because everything can be done through Mavlink.

Logs are download with the USB cable attached and selecting the Flight Data menu and in the middle of the screen is some tabs with labels and if you select the scroll buttons on the right of those items and select Data Flash logs and use the Download Data Flash logs Via Mavlink button.

• Re flashed my firmware, I had put 3.3 on it in my initial setup. Switched to 3.1.5 and Terminal started working! I feel like an idiot now... but yeah super stoked! First thing I did was run through the initial setup and in cli I did setup> compassmot> and checked my gps. Since I am on an external module mounted on a 6" antenna I got ~12%. Glad to know it wasn't my esc's messing with me...
  • Here's a tutorial on how to download and view the logfiles: http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-downloading-and-analyzing-d...

• I appreciate your response Stephen. I have read a lot from ardupilot and have read that link. I will re-read it and play around to see if I grasp it better.
  • I would like to know how to check which version i'm running... Anyone know how to check?

The eBay description says v3.1... is that the firmware? Should I be running AC 3.1.5?... would that open up the CLI for use?

This reply was deleted.

Activity