Replies

• Admin

@Graham,

The sounds of Pixhawk Link

Regards,

TCIII AVD

It's not there Tom, you can listen to the sound in my post, not one of the sounds on the wiki page sounds like that. It is definitely not the ESC either, as it comes straight from the Pixhawk. No-one seems to know what that sound means? Hasn't seemed to affect flying though but it is a bit disconcerting without confirmation.

• Developer

Its this tone:

#define AP_NOTIFY_PX4_TONE_QUIET_READY_OR_FINISHED 7
            { "MFT200L4<G#6A#6B#4", false },
        In ToneAlarm_PX4.cpp.

If you have a serial connection to your pixhawk and the "nsh>" prompt you can hear it by typing:

nsh> tone_alarm MFT200L4<G#6A#6B#4

The top of the tone_alarm source code explains what that complicated syntax means

https://github.com/diydrones/PX4Firmware/blob/master/src/drivers/st...

Mike Knott is correct - it means all pre-arm checks have passed and your ready to arm.

You should not be getting it intermittently unless your doing something to trigger it.

Thanks, Grant

• I'm getting this same thing with 3.2.3. Seems to always happen when Pixhawk is moved. Will try to adjust the min PWM later just to be sure it's not coming from the ESC, but since Graham already did that..

Anything further on this? I still can't find an explanation for these sounds coming from the Pixhawk although I'm fairly sure it's something to do with the RC radio signal.

• Developer

Hi Graham,

That sounds like your ESC complaining that it is receiving an out of range PWM value. When disarmed ardupilot will send RC3_MIN. Try adjusting RC3_MIN up a little and see if the beeping stops.

Cheers, Tridge

Tridge, raising RC3_MIN doesn't change or stop the tones

Thanks Tridge, the sound is definitely coming from the Pixhawk and not the ESC but I will up the RC3_MIN a bit and see if that helps

This reply was deleted.

Activity