Hi Anyone,

Looking for some advice. yesterday, my Octocopter size 1000 with APM 2.6 FW3.1.5 has Flyaway during RTL by switch activated (This is not first time we test RTL by switch activate, the past had fine with no any issue) and can not regain by deactivating RTL switch to loitetr and Althold mode, so it flew away until hit with the tree at approx 8.5m high. The event as below details;

- We take off in Althold mode.

-Fly forward to approx. 10 m away from set Home point.

-We change flight mode to Loiter and wait for some period and it look OK.

-We activated RTL by switch at approx. 5 m high and 10 m away from Home point.

-My drone slow shot to 18 m high as i setup in MP and fly backward to home point correctly. when drone reached the home point, it hover over the home point for a few seconds. My drone start to roll right automatically at level height and fly straight (fly away) to some where?? and uncontrollable when deactivated RTL switch to Loiture and Althold mode. End up with the tree at 8.5 m high.

I will post log files soon for your help and what happen to my APM or any something wrong.

Thanks for any help.

2015-01-09 12-54-19_crash UNCONTROL.log

2015-01-09 12-54-19.kmz

2015-01-09 12-54-19.log.gpx

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You have to get the reflex to put your APM is stabilize mode if this happen and power stick to 50/60% - Like that you can save your copter because it will use minimum of sensor and no GPS.  RTL could be the worst solution because if it is a gps glitch, RTL will use a false gps. I saved a lot of copter in stabilize mode.

• Thanks for your advice, but i think the flight mode will change by PWM signal not related to sensor or GPS, so when we switch to Althold mode and it not required GPS it should OK but actually NOT. Is this also PWM lock ?

The real problem for my post is Why APM fly away?

if only little GPS glitch (during flight HDOP normal value 1.9 and GPS glitch at 3.5) is the cause i think i should go to some FC that reliable and precision than these unit.

Why we said Little GPS glitch because we have successful RTL in the past even GPS HDOP increse to 4.5.

This is very few flights with APM (i ordered from US dealer) and good luck for me that happen during test flight not on the work site.

Before we tried APM, We fly a lots of flight (might be 90 flights in town and out of town) and 0.3 - 3 kms in length with DJI M lite and M V2 but we never found the problem like this.

Now, We decided to change the FC to DJI M V2 and waste time 2 Hrs for program setup and the result as you can see in this VDO (testing at the same place with crashed flight). Very stable flight (some shake is my stick movement to test the vibration)

Finally, APM unit i will put in some small 450 size to test and fun fly only not for working flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RqL-yLfAig

• I feel for you.. same thing happened to me today :(  See linky....

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/flyaway-logs-help

• Hi there

I've posted an APM 2.6 flyaway problem too, I know how frustrating it is!

The autoanalysis of your log shows this:

Size (kb) 809.0576171875
    No of lines 11425
    Duration 0:02:26
    Vehicletype ArduCopter
    Firmware Version V3.1.5
    Firmware Hash 3c57e771
    Hardware Type APM 2
    Free Mem 1190
    Skipped Lines 0

Test: Autotune = UNKNOWN - No ATUN log data
    Test: Balance/Twist = GOOD -
    Test: Brownout = FAIL - Truncated Log? Ends while armed at altitude 8.98m
    Test: Compass = FAIL - Large compass off params (X:-186.20, Y:58.43, Z:67.78)
    No MAG data, unable to test mag_field interference

Test: Dupe Log Data = GOOD -
    Test: Empty = GOOD -
    Test: Event/Failsafe = FAIL - ERRs found: GPS_GLITCH FLT_MODE
    Test: GPS = FAIL - GPS glitch errors found (3)
    Min satellites: 0, Max HDop: 99.99
    Test: IMU Mismatch = NA -
    Test: Parameters = GOOD -
    Test: PM = GOOD -
    Test: Pitch/Roll = GOOD -
    Test: Thrust = GOOD -
    Test: VCC = GOOD -

Looks like firmware could be updated - but doubt that's the reason for your flyaway.

Also looking at the ERR on your log, you had a few GPS glitches (Ecode  11 2) and Ecode 10 5 shows your octo couldn't enter flight mode LOITER.  Maybe raise the GPS receiver out of the way of the rest of the electronics on a pole?

Not sure how helpful that is, I am struggling with a fly away and it is no fun :(   Good luck!

• zub, Thanks for the advice. How about the way to solve your fly away problem?

• I have changed the anti-vibration mounts on mine, and ordered a proper ant-vibration "platform". Also updated firmware to arducopter 3.2

However I tried it yesterday and the thing wouldn't arm - the GPS HDOP was too high, 2.3 or 2.4 which is more than the max 2.0 in Mission Planner. I have updated it to arm with a HDOP up to 2.5 but yet to try it.

So frustrating!

• 3701909570?profile=originalDrone config 

This reply was deleted.

Activity