APM2 damaged in crash

Had a bit of a bad crash yesterday, and i think the APM needs some tlc, the pins are bent on the top, and not sure what else is damaged, does anyone fancy having a go at fixing it for me? I will pay of course?

And a note to anyone flying APM2, make sure you give it plenty of input power to avoid 'brownout' issues! :-(

3690942651?profile=original

haven't powered it up as the pins are touching, so am going to wait until its possibly fixed before trying to see the log files.

Rich

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i bent the pins on mine also (also a brown out problem). i carefully straightened them with needlenose pliers. i've had no problems since. they were bent way more than yours appear to be.

• Rich,

I'll solder some new pins on for you if you don't need a super quick turn-around (busy this weekend). Let me know (PM me) if you don't get a better offer.

Paul

• The pins can be straightend but care must be taken to not snap them off level with the plastic. A thin set of needle nose pliers should do the job.

There may be pins that are redundant in some groups but I would have to look at the schematics/drawings to be certain.

I would try straightening the pins and power it up. If truly dead, why ship it off for a burial?

It is a shame we are not neighbors.

• Does Anyone have 3drobotics support email address? I emailed help[@]3drobitics.com but haven't had a response?

This reply was deleted.

Activity