I wanted to learn the difference between AR.Drone platform Vs. APM (used in DIYDrones) platform.
This will also be helpful for all the new folks getting a fair view of the open-source platforms available out there. Just jot in your views..
- Which is easier to work with?
- In terms of processor capabilities, which is better and why (AR.Drone used ARM Cortex9, APM uses Arduino2560 boards).
- Does AR.Drone have same facilities as APM Mission planner. How does one do mission planning using AR.Drone?
- APM uses arduino compatible code (open source), AR.Drone uses C++. Is it also open source, I heard it was harder to manipulate and work with.
- Does AR.Drone support pure windows like APM?
- Cost Vs. Quality Vs Ease of usage Vs Stability.