Developer

Arducopter 2.0.42

Just posted this version which has an increased performance DCM implementation. This allows the main loop to run 50Hz faster without increasing the CPU load. I've flown this for 30 minutes and it's an improvement in every respect.

Circle mode now seems to be working just fine. This should be the last beta! enjoy testing!

Jason

Here is the Link to a download:

http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/downloads/list

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

I have one update left which deals with Guided mode. It's done and posted to GIT. So I'm really to release it now.

Jason

• I connected to the latest version of Planner (1.0.66) and when I clicked on firmware update for my quad it responds with only version 2.0.40 Beta as an option.  Will it download 2.0.42?

Thanks

Allen

• OK, I have uploaded 2.0.42 but it's too windy to test, when I open mission planner and look at the PID's none of them have changed from the settings I put in 2.0.40, how do I know if the new firmware has uploaded correctly with Arduino, is there any way to check.

• Just finished testing this and alt_hold was perfect like the v41. had the guts to test CIRCLE and it was ok but a bit lost, it was attempting to do circle but I think its the GPS accuracy was to be blamed and the 10knots wind. The good thing is the quad is not violently attempting to move around while yawing.

Sadly I ended in a crash. During RTL it was smooth sailing but I left the yaw_hold (now i regret it) it was facing me however it was 30ft away from its original location (GPS accuracy again). The make the story short, I switched out off RTL about1-2ft away from the tree, sonar seems to pickup the tree leaves lol I thought I switched into my 2nd stab mode position but forgot that I configured SIMPLE. Since its facing me I pitched towards me so I thought when its actually rolling towards the tree...blades had some scratches but the flimsy gopro mount was damage. no flying for me in the few days while I order a cheap cam mount.

2.0.42 is perfect (only issue is the one holding the controller)

Graph

3692267849?profile=original

OnBoard video with CIRCLE mode

0:40 ALT_hold 2ft (loved this shot)
    1:30 ALT_hold 25ft
    2:04 CIRCLE
    4:05 RTL

crash was removed lol

• Developer

Jason, i still need to reverse Ch2 inside parameters to get the right motor setup on a hexa X frame. Do you think it does come from an error in the motor_hexa.pde file or an inversion elsewhere ?

Do you need to reverse Ch2 for quads ?

• Developer

Very nice Jason, just out of beta when i've finished my frame.

I've just added the missing motor tests for octa quad and octa V. Upped slightly motor_out values as well in the test because it was a bit low for Pentium ESCs.

• Just loaded 2.0.42 and repeated my 2.0.41 tests on my standard frame.  Flys great - and I got a nice loiter at 30 feet over the house and trees in a 5 mph wind.  It loitered for about 2 minutes and I do need some minor tuning, but it was really as good as I've ever seen it.  Altitude hold seems rock solid with minimal pulsing at sonar and baro altitudes. Checking my logs, sonar alt and baro alt are dead on - no weirdness, no noise.  Did a 360 on simple mode and that seemed good also.

The feeling in stabilize is awesome and yaw seems even snapier.  I like it!

I've only flown 1 flight, but this version is sweet.  

Thanks Jason!

• Does this means the entire fast loop is now running at 250Hz, including all the stabilization code? Are you anticipating any effects on PID values due to this change?

• Wow, haven't had chance to try 2.0.41 yet, what would you recommend Jason, try 2.0.41 first, or just update again to 2.0.42, hope loiter will be good.

• Sounds good!
    Jason, what about AUTO mode? Any improvements?

This reply was deleted.

Activity