Developer

Arducopter 2.0.48/49

There is a preview on GIT right now. I flew a version of this

The PWM output has been set to 400hz (to counter the low pass filter in most Turnigy PWMs)

The DCM's Roll and Pitch gains were lowered to .03 (recommendation of Hein Hollander)

Mavlink has gotten a re-work for performance and memory savings.

Added a scaling factor to camera Roll And Pitch CAM_P_G, CAM_R_G in the params list.

Fixed some bad PID values for Alt hold that were giving folks trouble.

Exiting a WP for another is faster and more controlled now.

Added user hooks for those who want to execute their own code inline.

Increased loiter speed to center when the copter is flown > 400cm (now 800cm).

Loiter in action.

Jason

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• When I use .49 just one ESC gets initialized. When I loaded .47 all of them worked properly. Any idea what might cause this?

Furthermore, keep up the good work! :)

• no particular reason, except I wanted to fly immediately this morning. I just arrive last night with jetlag I didnt want to waste the morning with sun on the horizon. Lucky I did cause now its gloomy weather again dont think can make another run.

I did however checked the changes of 2.0.49 from the git

- only PID tweaks

- loiter correction speed

- and the camera gain added by jason (I already have on the code with different naming convention)

- oh and user hooks

I might install 2.0.49 after a few more test run/tweaks

Hopefully with the alt_hold(baro only), I might go for watpoint test but I cant still find a bigger space where I can fly att lower altitude to test it.

• Had some better success with 2.0.48 on loiter and ALT_hold(baro only) but still need some more tuning.

here is an onboard raw video, not the best  vid and its twitchy as I forgot to change the cam roll gain I was too excited to fly after being away for a week.

2.0.48 onboard raw vid / loiter, alt_hold test

Loiter 3:21 - 4:30 (i did pirouette 2x with no aggressive correction from quad which is good and it stayed within a 5foot diameter)Overall diameter of the loiter is about 6meters

3692290392?profile=original

Any suggestion how to trim down alt_hold? when I move forward like on the last part of the vid, alt_hold will stay on its height when  moving like a turtle or hovering with +/- 1~2ft but when moving fast, ie trying to chase then suddenly stop it will climb about 8~12ft then slowly creep back. Here are my current settings

THR_ALT_P    0.6

THR_ALT_I    0.01
    THR_ALT_IMAX    0.3

THR_RATE_P    0.3
    THR_RATE_I    0
    THR_RATE_IMAX    3

• I tried to enable current logging and couldn't. I typed "enable current" and nothing happened. However, I could enable/disable other types of logging.

• Here's a sample of how 2.0.49 performs on my frame currently. On this short hurried test I didn't happen to witness the best accuracy (it varies) but 2.0.49 is very different from and better than anything I've seen earlier. Ignore the slight jumpiness in altitude, the sonar signal is still a bit noisy.

3692289988?profile=original3692290053?profile=original

I guess 250 is in cm, so 2.5 meters per second ground speed? At this point it never settled so it kept going around in circles.

3692290005?profile=original

8 meters from the waypoint at its worst.

3692290104?profile=originalThe first loiter generally stayed withing an area with a diameter of 6 meters, the second used up an area with a diameter of 12 meters. There was noticeable wind.

• I think Mr. Anderson is right ;) it must be something with flash and ios5 because I restarted the ipad1 after closing all apps and the problem is still there. Also waited for page to fully load. Never had this before upgrade to 5.
  • Developer

I did try 2.0.49 today and i did not see yet the strange gyro drifts i had with 2.0.46.

I have only 24 minutes of fly with 2.0.49, but it seems ok. I need to tune PIDs now and fly this a few hours to be sure.

I still have the flip tendancy if i try to take off slowly because of the 0.001 roll / pitch I parameter. Perhaps we could do something to null the I parameter before  and during take off.

The simpler to avoid this is to null the roll /pitch I parameter.

• So, I'm seeing varying performance from loiter. In a decent breeze just now the quad loitered within a few meters with no excessive position error and good control, and sometimes the error was quadruple (5m to 20m) with the ground speed roughly doubled. The seeking seemed to form more like a wide circle too. Is it just the limits of what nested PI loops can possibly do? I don't see how increasing the P terms could result in anything but a return to overly aggressive behaviour, and Nav I can't help with error that adds up to zero. Nav I term was the default 0.25 and it often fought well enough against the wind, but not always. Perhaps a bit more max int for that one? Nav P was between 3 and 4; I should try and shoot some shakycam clips of the nice and worst behaviour tomorrow... It's often a bit of a hit and miss, depending.

• Sorry to post this here. I'm waiting for new motors to arrive to give 49 a try but wanted to say that following this blog on an ad is almost impossible. It just wants to constantly bounce to the near top of the page to show the hobbyking ad. It seems to have started a few weeks ago or maybe when ios5 came out.
  • "Added ability to dynamically set wp with toggle switch"

I see in the Git that has been added this capability in the very last version. It´s fantastic¡.
    I think it´s very useful since you can program AUTO paths without the need of a computer,
    directly in the flight area.

Seems that it´s activated as usual, defining what the ch7 do (in defines.h)

#define CH7_SAVE_WP 7

This reply was deleted.

Activity