Developer

ArduCopter 2.7.1 Released

ArduCopter 2.7.1 will become available on Mission Planner and in the downloads area shortly. This release contains a few important bug fixes as well as the first implementation of the MPU6000 sensor-fusion code. 

Detailed changes are in the commit log. Here's a summary:

New:

- Preliminary support for MPU6000 on board sensor-fusion (DMP)

- AP_Limits: Experimental "bounce" mode, for smaller spaces (LIM_RECMODE)

Bugs:

- Bug fix for yaw error buildup on takeoff

- Fix in Auto mode for failsafe handling

- Fixes to 3-axis camera gimbal code

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well, I'm really stuck in a rut with this one.  I've tried reloading the firmware umtenth time after clearing the EEPROM and doing a factory reset, but I'm still stuck with no signal on output channels 7 & 8. 

Checking the frame type under the CLI confirms a proper hexa configuration, yet I'm only getting 4 props to spin.

3692482596?profile=originalAny ideas anyone?

• FUN FUN

Loaded 2.7.1  APM 2     PM  1.2.2

Now quad will not arm,  

telemetry is working 

Radio is calibrated

ESC calibrated

APM can see RC radio

tried full right and full left  in case reversed

• Hi all,after a loooog break i am trying to connect via MP to my 2560 board with no succes (the board has not been previously used).Another way to upload firmware, if i rememner well was via Arduino but i cannot find some instructions, can someone give me a clue ? A video tutorial will be great. Thank you.

error1.png

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692482364?profile=original
  • Thanks again toall the devs, just come back from a roadtrip holiday with our SteadiDrone QU4D and H6X, flying 2.7, and no issues at all. Just loaded 2.7.1 onto our big SteadiDrone EI8HT and test lifted 8kg, flies perfect :)

Will post some videos and images soon.

• What’s the easiest way to find out what version of firmware I have loaded? I have several APM2’s (3) and I forget what’s loaded?

• Chris:  No luck.  I went through the CLI and reset: Setup/Erase, Setup/Reset then loaded ArduCopter V2.7.1 for hexa via MP.  I'm getting no response out of output channels 7 & 8.  The weird thing is that I'm getting the same result when reverting to V2.6...any chance the update may have somehow affected APM?

• So I've reverted back to 2.6.  All but two of the props are spinning properly.  I am not getting any signal from APM on channels 7 &  8 (see graph below):3692481385?profile=originalI've set the following parameters under the APM_Config.h but it looks like it's stuck in what seems to be a quad configuration:

3692481142?profile=originalAny help would be appreciated.  Thanks

• Bug report:  When loaded on my hexa via the MP, props will not spin at the same speed and throttle response is very week.  I suspected having loaded the code for a tri by mistake but that was not the case.  So basically I wasn't able to fly it.

• Hi,

I replaced my APM1 on the Xaircraft frame with the APM2 and loaded 2.7.1

Stab: very stable.

Alt hold: same problem with APM2 and previous tests with other frames, When switching to AH at for example 2m, the quad rises to about 4m and stays there. When stabelized AH is very good. But I would like to hover at about 2m so I can loiter by pulling a leg and let it come back to its previous position. No can do at 4 m :-( Also no sonar installed. When switching to AH when higher it stays fix.

Loiter: still jerky with MTK gps. Can this be tuned out with PID settings?  

• The GeoFence GUI appears to have been fixed in the V1.2.2 release of the Mission Planner. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity