Developer

ArduCopter-3.2.1 Beta Testing

ArduCopter 3.2.1-rc2 (release candidate #2) has completed beta testing and has been released as the official version available through the mission planner and other ground stations.

Changes from AC3.2 are listed below and in the ReleaseNotes:
1) Enhancements:
    a) reduced twitch when passing Spline waypoints
    b) Faster disarm after landing in Auto, Land, RTL
    c) Pixhawk LED turns green before arming only after GPS HDOP falls below 2.3 (only in flight modes requiring GPS)
2) Safety Features:
    a) Add desired descent rate check to reduce chance of false-positive on landing check
    b) improved MPU6k health monitoring and re-configuration in case of in-flight failure
    c) Rally point distance check reduced to 300m (reduces chance of RTL to far away forgotten Rally point)
    d) auto-disarm if vehicle is landed for 15seconds even in Auto, Guided, RTL, Circle
    e) fence breach while vehicle is landed causes vehicle to disarm (previously did RTL)
3) Bug Fixes:
    a) Check flight mode even when arming from GCS (previously it was possible to arm in RTL mode if arming was initiated from GCS)
    b) Send vehicle target destination in RTL, Guided (allows GCS to show where vehicle is flying to in these modes)
    c) PosHold wind compensation fix
    d) prevent infinite loop with do-jump commands pointing at each other
    e) pixhawk memory corruption fix when connecting via USB
    f) vehicle stops at fence's alt limit in Loiter, AltHold, PosHold (as it did in AC3.1.5)
    g) protect against multiple arming messages from GCS causing gyro calibratoin failure

Thanks to Raph for the video.  This is actually a video from AC3.2 until we have one specific to AC3.2.1.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Say, I have the X8R receiver connect by SBUS and see 12 channels but when I configure channel 9 it doesn't come through. I thought pass through was support for all channels now.

• Did you switch to D16 in the radio yet?

SC

• I have the same problem in my smallest quad and higher kv and not in the bigger one, the APM is on the same place, I try tappering the APM, put foam, put a bowl covering it, changing some params but nothing realy good, the problem it's worse to the left side and not always the same, now I'm going to change motor and props and see what happens. are bigger cuads, less this  problems  or nothing relative?

• Sorry for the long log but I had the big battery in and didn't want to leave any juice left.

I only have EKF turned on on my IRIS which has been working great.

This has been my test copter build so I have been testing out a few things.

5016.bin

It would also be nice to be able to separate the logs on my two Pixhawks so that I can keep them separated.  To be able to keep the numbering different would be nice.

• I have just complete building a quad copter where the Pixhawk is completely open on the top frame.

I have found that when flying into the wind the copter will suddenly climb 10 to 15 meters into the air and then slowly float back down.

I checked the logs and see that it does climb but the GPS does not show it going as high as the barometer does.

I'm also having a problem lining up when it happened.  So I'm going to set one of my spare channels to a switch and use that to determine when it starts to fly away and when it starts to fall.  That way I will know if its the cause or the effect.

It could just be vibration causing the issue.

• Come to think of it I was remembering wrong. That's exactly what mine did too! If I went really fast it would shoot up full throttle sometimes gaining 20-30 meters then suddenly dropped at it's max rate [ when I slowed down ] then stop at the original altitude. My blood pressure went through the roof a couple of times when it did that!! I even went so far as to try a 1/2' tube cut at a 45 aim backwards thinking it would create a vacuum and alleviate the problem. It helped a little but nothing worked real good except opening the battery door.

• i thought i might share this with you....i had exactly the same problem.  I am flying a TBS Disco, APM 2.6, AC 3.2.1 firmware.  I was able to fix by doing the following:  1) Mounted the APM on top of the sillicon dampers 1)Carefully balance  the blades 3) set log bitmask to default + IMU 4) Fly the copter and check values for AccX and AccY - should be between +3 and -3. AccZ should be between -5 and -15. 

• please post a log, is the EFK enabled ?

Thanks

Thomas

• Randy,

I have noticed that full throttle forward I drop a whole lot of altitude pretty rapidly in Pos-Hold with my TBS DISCO Pro with Firmware 3.2/APM 2.6 (3DR)/uBloc.  I know its somewhat normal but I feel its more than it should be, pretty rapid drop, It does not seem to happen as much in my LEGO Drone 3.2/APM Mini 2.6 (Generic)/uBloc

One thing may be that DISCO Pro is a Dead Cat X and the LEGO Normal X-config, so the dead cat design may be making it worse, I did select dead cat in setup config and have done autotune.

I hate to compare, but I know you do some side by side comparison in Pos-Hold to NAZA FC, have you compared forward speed drop?  Seems my NAZA drops a lot less.

After the drop and stop, it does come back up some.

So my question is are there any improvements on this in 3.2.1, or is it something that I just need to adjust my PIDs

Thanks, can't wait to use 3.2.1

•  Try changing the INAV_TC_Z to 7 (default is 5). I get less altitude drop.

This reply was deleted.

Activity