Developer

ArduCopter-3.2.1 Beta Testing

ArduCopter 3.2.1-rc2 (release candidate #2) has completed beta testing and has been released as the official version available through the mission planner and other ground stations.

Changes from AC3.2 are listed below and in the ReleaseNotes:
1) Enhancements:
    a) reduced twitch when passing Spline waypoints
    b) Faster disarm after landing in Auto, Land, RTL
    c) Pixhawk LED turns green before arming only after GPS HDOP falls below 2.3 (only in flight modes requiring GPS)
2) Safety Features:
    a) Add desired descent rate check to reduce chance of false-positive on landing check
    b) improved MPU6k health monitoring and re-configuration in case of in-flight failure
    c) Rally point distance check reduced to 300m (reduces chance of RTL to far away forgotten Rally point)
    d) auto-disarm if vehicle is landed for 15seconds even in Auto, Guided, RTL, Circle
    e) fence breach while vehicle is landed causes vehicle to disarm (previously did RTL)
3) Bug Fixes:
    a) Check flight mode even when arming from GCS (previously it was possible to arm in RTL mode if arming was initiated from GCS)
    b) Send vehicle target destination in RTL, Guided (allows GCS to show where vehicle is flying to in these modes)
    c) PosHold wind compensation fix
    d) prevent infinite loop with do-jump commands pointing at each other
    e) pixhawk memory corruption fix when connecting via USB
    f) vehicle stops at fence's alt limit in Loiter, AltHold, PosHold (as it did in AC3.1.5)
    g) protect against multiple arming messages from GCS causing gyro calibratoin failure

Thanks to Raph for the video.  This is actually a video from AC3.2 until we have one specific to AC3.2.1.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks so much David. Yes, i was aware of this behavior so i did the same, I  positioned the 2nd to the last waypoint where i want it and use the last waypoint as the dummy one. The second flight is a different flight plan. I just thought i was the only having this issue so i put it here.  Otherwise, i can do adjustments in planning a mission. Best regards.

• I've seen this for a while now, since before 3.2 I think. I have a feeling it came in with splines?

I wondered if it was something I was doing? I've gotten to put an extra WP between where I want it to RTL and the home position, so it RTL from where I want.

In your second flight, did you use the same flight plan? If the last WP was an RTL, it will do the RTL from the one before this and use the RTL altitude to home. If the flight plan worked as it should and the last WP was RTL but set for 10m, the vehicle would move to the last waypoint arriving at 10 then rise to the min RTL altitude and go home from there.

• RE- c) Pixhawk LED turns green before arming only after GPS HDOP falls below 2.3 (only in flight modes requiring GPS)

Does this mean that it will flash green with a higher hdop than 2.3 in stab or alt hold yet if I were to flip my mode switch to poshold and the hdop was still higher than 2.3 it would go back to simply flashing blue? I hope so that is fantastic. One less reason to fire up a gcs. Is the 2.3 adjustable? I'd prefer under 2. 

• Developer

Richard,

Yes, it works just like you describe.

The 2.3 is adjustable using the GPS_HDOP_GOOD parameter.  We've slightly increased the default for AC3.2.1, in AC3.2 it was 200 (i.e. 2.0) but now it's 230 (i.e. 2.3) but you can make it whatever you like.
      Txs for your testing!

• Today I try with my Tarot again (460kv motors) no drift when take off any time. very smooth, It's feel smoother with pos hold and wind but I' have to try more.

• I have checked and recorded logs about the pitch drift issue.

It is reproducible with both 3.2 and 3.2.1-rc1 with no visible difference. With 3.1.5 or before, the problem does not exist.

(the battery was connected w/wo USB, no props)

The reproducibility is 100% for me, and can be solved by several accel calibration rounds...

arducopter-3.2.1-rc1-pitch-drift-issue-logs.zip

• I was wondering the other day if it would makes sense that when you do the accel cal that you were prompted to do the 'sitting level' and 'upside down' twice. Once then rotated 180 thus helping negate any out of level table or landing gear if the controller simply took the average of the two.

• Thanks, I tried to re-calibrate it several times with your suggestion in mind. I still have the same problem, when the copter is restarted, i have to start all over again. This process takes 5-15 mins of accel calibration on field, wasting some battery. Now I fly with a previous version without problems.

•  Faster disarm  is absolute necessary on any mode. NAZA is way faster and safer!

• I agree on that. The disarm is way to slow in a "oh shit" situation.
This reply was deleted.

Activity