Developer

ArduCopter-3.2.1 Beta Testing

ArduCopter 3.2.1-rc2 (release candidate #2) has completed beta testing and has been released as the official version available through the mission planner and other ground stations.

Changes from AC3.2 are listed below and in the ReleaseNotes:
1) Enhancements:
    a) reduced twitch when passing Spline waypoints
    b) Faster disarm after landing in Auto, Land, RTL
    c) Pixhawk LED turns green before arming only after GPS HDOP falls below 2.3 (only in flight modes requiring GPS)
2) Safety Features:
    a) Add desired descent rate check to reduce chance of false-positive on landing check
    b) improved MPU6k health monitoring and re-configuration in case of in-flight failure
    c) Rally point distance check reduced to 300m (reduces chance of RTL to far away forgotten Rally point)
    d) auto-disarm if vehicle is landed for 15seconds even in Auto, Guided, RTL, Circle
    e) fence breach while vehicle is landed causes vehicle to disarm (previously did RTL)
3) Bug Fixes:
    a) Check flight mode even when arming from GCS (previously it was possible to arm in RTL mode if arming was initiated from GCS)
    b) Send vehicle target destination in RTL, Guided (allows GCS to show where vehicle is flying to in these modes)
    c) PosHold wind compensation fix
    d) prevent infinite loop with do-jump commands pointing at each other
    e) pixhawk memory corruption fix when connecting via USB
    f) vehicle stops at fence's alt limit in Loiter, AltHold, PosHold (as it did in AC3.1.5)
    g) protect against multiple arming messages from GCS causing gyro calibratoin failure

Thanks to Raph for the video.  This is actually a video from AC3.2 until we have one specific to AC3.2.1.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm not Randy but.... here's my 2 cents

I highly doubt it's because of the firmware. This is almost certainly because of airflow impacting the barometer inside the controller. Post a picture of your quad. I experimented with this issue a lot. I eventually covered my pixhawk with a piece of 1/8" plxiglass and it worked wonders. The DJI frame is the main reason it holds altitude so well as it has holes and cracks to let it air on all sides but not a direct hole by the controller. Try to cover the pixhawk and or otherwise keep it open to air but not high speed wind. 

• In a DISCO there is virtually no airflow in the front as the TBS has the gimbal, GoPro, dampeners and pilot camera directly in the front so its pretty buried, but heres a pic.

3702688762?profile=original

• You may have your APM mounted too far forward. I had a disco clone and the rear of the APM was between the rear arms. Not being a traditional X frame, the Center is farther back.

• I have even tried to seal the baro in a condom ( well not an Actual condom) Lol ..but seal it so it has no access to the outside air and the craft still drops altitude in one direction .So I think this "issue" with saying it is affected by pressure decrease when flying FFWD as some merit "if your fully exposed to fast moving air.. but then why does it still drop when flying FFWD fully sealed?

Regards R

• My experience was with a Aqucopter. It's a waterproof quad. It came with a small 1/2" circle patch that let air in but not water. With just that it would very often lose alt badly going forward. Why?? I'm not sure but it seemed that air pressure would push in that small hole and make the pixhawk think it was in higher pressure air. But wouldn't that mean it should try to go higher?? Never made any sense. But it is what it is... If I left the battery door open in the back which was a opening big enough for a 5200mah battery it would fly just fine without that problem. I tried a snorkel of sort and several other things. Nothing worked very well. The only thing that was consistent is it consistently didn't stay at the same darn altitude going forward at a somewhat fast speed. 15 mph or so or more. It might not seem like the air pressure but I bet it is!  It's really finicky about that. Put some foam in the front and around it as much as possible leaving some space on the sides and try it. 

• Yes you would think the correct way is Less pressure means the copter thinks its higher so drops . Higher pressure thinks it too low so climbs ..So in your case of the vent letting air in it would climb rather than fall. I guess it was creating a negative pressure so it drops ..

• Hallo

Can somebody have a look on my log.

I upgrade today from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 and make a little testfly.

Now there a some things in the log which i didn't understand. At first the big differenz between the Throttle in and throttle out. You can see the attitude change only a little bit, but i have to change the throttle in for 200-300. Is this normal? The second is the glitch in the ampere. There is no issue for me that the ampere have to go over 40. Have somebody an Idee?

And the last. Ther are now more than 400 in the long running loops. Before i has not more than 140. Is this in this version normal? And are there any Problems in the flight with a such a lot of long loops?

Thank you for some input.

Helmut

2015-03-01 16-05-49.log

• Has there been changes to loiter_turns mission command? Doc says there should be dir 1 parameter, but planner shows radius parameter. Seemed also that it actually changed the radius (understood it wrong at setup phase and set it to 360..). It was automatically changed to 104 (tested later also, did the same) and copter did 104m radius turn. Why it didn't accept 360m as radius? Has dir 1 been removed?

Hah, got little panic when quad begun raising to 300m and disappeared in clouds and I had no clue where it was because of large radius. I thought it was just gonna do still 360 degree panorama shot as I had set radius to zero in parameters.

Saw from commits that there has been added storm32 functionality to latest trunk, is it yet usable somehow? Would like to try it with my gimbal..

This reply was deleted.

Activity