Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What GPS did you use before? How is it compare to LEA-6H?

• fellow drone flyers, i want to update a correction here. i had reported about 15 days back the simonK based 20A afro ESC and BLHeli based sunrise 20A ESCs are having sync issues with Pixhawk loaded with AC3.2 firmware. I would like to post here that none of the ESCs had sync issue. The problem was with one motor of which i had no idea. i never thought that a motor can glitch without any apparent reason. the motor was turnigy 2830-980KV. they are wonderful motors. Out of the nine motors i bought only one was glitching and all this time i was busy changing the ESCs. after replacing the motor i had no issue at all while flying pixhawk with AC3.2-rc2 update. the motor could have magnetization problem (not sure). all modes are excellent. the navigation is superb. RTL always within 3m of takeoff. my apologies for posting wrong information.

• Developer

Ravi,

Great, thanks for the correction!

• Hi,

I would love if someone could give me an estimate time when the rc3 would be available?

-Rai Gohalwar

• 3.2 RC2 has been great so far but I think Autotune needs to be improved to support large copters with large props and low kV motors. I fly a 830mm Quadcopter with RCTimer 5010 360kV motors on 6S with 17x5.5 props and the autotune is not able to tune the copter properly. But other than that Arducopter 3.2RC2 has been great overall even though its still in beta. I hope someone can fix the autotune though. My older 550mm quadcopter autotunes perfectly and flies really well. I have attached a log and some general pictures of the quad itself if any developer wants to analyse. Though the log is from 3.1.

Regards

Chandruth

Large Quad data.zip

• Hi Chadruth, I am in the process of building a similar quad only using Sunnysky 340 kv motors. My Tarot 650 (APM 2.6, 14" props) flies well but took 3 tries to get autotune to complete and is a little twitchy. I'll be interested to see if I can get autotune to work on the bigger one. Would you mind sharing the pids you are using for your large quad?

• Hi Terry

I used the Autotuned gains then manually changed the Stabalize Roll/Pitch P gains. I have attached a screenshot of the gains. The PID Rate gains were from autotune. I only adjusted the stabilise P gains.

Regards

Chandruth

Autotunes with adjustments.JPG

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702656472?profile=original
        • Thank you for sharing those. It will probably be a month before I have all the parts and get my new quad together and I'll let you know how it works. I'm using a pixhawk so it will be interesting to try it out. Maybe 3.2 will be live by then... looks like some wonderful work being done on it.

• I did seven WayPoint flight with 3.2 rc2 spline curve mission.The flight path was around the tree with single point of interest. Video is somewhat shaky because my gimbal mounting is to flexible. There is slight twitch when copter hit WayPoint but all in all good start.

Arducoter 3.2 beta spline curves ROI from Dusan Trenic on Vimeo.

• Ran my first 3.2 rc2 Spline Way Point APM Y6 flight this evening.  Had 14 way points and did not do much change in elevation.  Seemed to go smoothly, but did notice some wobble at WPs. Video is uploading right now.  Should be here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24ROAfNNnoo&feature=youtu.be in about 1 hour.

This reply was deleted.

Activity