Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels. Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.
Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.
AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link. The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.
Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.
It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features. Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list. Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).
Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release. Enjoy!
Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)
Replies
Yes as Randy points out [ as he did with me ] a slightly out of calibration TX does not allow the braking to take place. In my case I had bumped my TX roll trim. Zero that and do the calibration again. Worked for me. fyi if it only does the 'no brake' in roll or pitch only that's another clue that's the issue. But it only takes a minute to zero the trims and re-calibrate anyway though.
Thanks for that. I'll have to play around with the trims a bit and see what I can come up with. That could be the case. I sort of assumed that it wasn't a trim issue because if I'm in loiter, typically it will stay put, so wouldn't that tell me that I have the trims zeroed? Not sure...
Kristian,
Probably best to provide a log file.
The PosHold issue may be because the RC is not calibrated properly so it thinks the pilot is providing input on roll and/or pitch so it keeps drifting. It's a guess of course.
It should be a way to use a home ground station gps like this (http://www.csgshop.com/product.php?id_product=180) connected by usb to mission planner (insetad u-center) and a code doing the correction of the drone positioning by the telemetry using both gps antennas.
When it comes to high precision GPS, my hopes are with Piksi. There is some support in ardupilot for it already although I've never used it and can't vouch on it's performance.
Hi Randy.
I have two of these Piksi thingy in a drawer somewhere. Should it be connected on Pixhawk as a second GPS?
Does Pixhawk or Mission Planner reconize and send the right stuff to the Piksi?
Thank you in advance.
Henri
Henri,
I don't think we support the Piksi GPS yet. I get pings from the Piksi developers every now and then but I'm unsure if the hold-up on adding support is on our side or theirs.
what you mean is D-GPS. I´m trying to do so but with low cost GPS it it very difficult. Please google RTKLIB
Is it possible to use 2 external compass's for redundancy instead of one internal and one external? I see here mention of two gps's but it does not use both compass's. I can't use the internal with my frame [ well... the one I had ] because the pixhawk is too close to electromagnetic interference.
And I see this but it seems to suggest you can't use a stand alone gps with the pixhawk?
-
118
-
119
-
120
-
121
-
122
of 262 Next