Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• more flights today and same errors with the param adjustments suggested. should I be concerned?

new error message 17-1. what does that mean?

• Been flying a DIY Hex, all 3DR components including PPM encoder, successfully with all s/w through rc2 for 2 years.  Thanks!

rc3 and rc4 won't work. Loaded rc4 again tonight, did all setup and cal, including ESC (all at once and individually).  Funky motor behavior.  Don't get familiar "2 beeps" at power up.  Arms, but motors don't spin.  No throttle response.  Reloaded 3.1.5 without changing anything, and I mean anything, flys perfectly.

Logs attached, help/insight appreciated! 

2014-08-04 17-26-06(rc4).log

PARAM Compare.png

2014-08-04 17-46-32(3.1.5).log

• i am running it on apm2.6 so, does it mean that some form of EKF is getting on the apm too? 

• Ok thank you. Just curious - when the error occurs, does it execute any type of failsafe? or it's just notifying me? Just want to be sure I don't have a catastrophe in air.. 

• I tested Saturday 3.2rc4 with APM 2.5, good flight, good loiter. pid etc..
      rtl tested, good return, but when he touched the ground, full gas engines, vertical climb, again stabilize.

2014-08-02 14-54-59.tlog

• Developer

fabio,

Any chance you have a dataflash log?

• scratch-build tricopter -- everything checks out well after ~ 8 flights.

Only one issue - Using channel 8 as LAND - it will no longer disarm once it lands from loiter, drift, pos hold, alt hold - it just lands and motors run in a higher than idle state and seems to be trying to maintain level but does not have enough throttle for flight.  It will land/disarm only if from Stabilize.

APM 2.5 w/external compass

• Also, when taking off (stabilize mode), the tricopter always yaws a consistent ~20-30° clockwise. Once I back off the throttle to maintain altitude, etc...  all yaw movement is as normal and rock solid.  This has been happening with all 3.2 rc releases. I have not tried taking off in other modes yet.

• to fix yaw issue at take off - bump yaw-p value, keep in mind that the higher yaw-p values will cause much faster yaw response which could lead to oscillations as well as it increases vibrations, due to excessive servo movement. what I figured out is that more relaxed yaw-p, in my case 1.5, leads to CW yaw at take off, however produces much smoother flight overall.  Also, if you take off in alt-hold/loiter/pos-hold this CW yaw is vertually unnoticeable. 

• Developer

Thanks for the testing.  I'll check the auto-disarm feature for the althold, loiter, etc flight modes.

For the other issue, a dataflash log file would be a great help.

This reply was deleted.

Activity