Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Servo_On and Servo_Off are really a good thing IMHO, especially when ejection device have limited servo travel and when you do not want the servo pushing against a wall... 

One point is that with Servo-based ejection devices, most of time we need to pack the parachute with servo open, then close it. For my use, I will probably remove in the Parachute lib the part that put back servo to off position. So I can throw the parachute, pack it again in its box, and reset APM  with my other hand so that servo goes back to off position.

Otherwise, I should change servo_off parameter to the On value to keep it open, then change back the parameter, which is not that bad anyway but difficult to do alone if you need to keep a spring compressed at the same time.

• Developer

Ok, I believe I've fixed it and I'll include this in the -rc13 release candidate.

The reason there will be an -rc13 release candidate is that we had a fly-away reported last friday.  It was likely because of a compass issue (the orientation was changed after doing the compass calibration which apparently means the offsets get applied to the wrong axis - I will update the wiki to make this clear).

Anyway, these fly-aways are sickening and I've got a "DCM check" now that seems like it can determine when the heading is bad so I'd like to include this important safety feature in AC3.2.

• Randy, I've been following this thread for some time now and I'd like to complement you on the great work you are doing, on your patience and care in answering questions and concerns (often several times over as new people join), and on your concern and diligence at getting it right.... Thank you!  

• Randy, It would be great if this could make it into 3.2. As soon as my new ESC's arrive I will be doing more tests on my 800 quad and it would be best to test the version that is as close to final as possible.

• @Randy ,Is pixhawk support the px4flow now?

•   I would love to try RC12 on my 3DR Y6B, but I can't seem to get past the compass calibration pre-arm check.

I've tried calibration twice and had a similar problem with RC9.

I'm using APM 2.0.15 RC3 on OSX.

I've posted some shots of the compass params on this APM thread.

Any ideas what is wrong?

• I couldn't calibrate the second compass using APM 2.0.14 on OS X. (At that time, the offsets for the second compass were always 0). I switched to Mission Planner, but the offsets for my internal PixHawk compass are very poor. I needed to skip the compass PreArm check to overcome this problem.

(See page 137 for some more information on this)

• Developer

Dual Compass Calibration was introduced in 2.0.15-rc1 release of AP2. You can install this using the 'beta' option in APM Planner 2.0 Config (under Config/Tuning View)

I will verify today the report from Shawn.

• Developer

From a log Shawn had sen the parameters are being set, they are just not sticking in the APM. Try erasing the eeprom.

or post your AP2 logs, they are located in ~/apmplanner2/logs.txt files

Thx 

• Hi Everybody 

I have uploaded the firmware into the APM 2.5.2  after uploading I have done the maiden flight in this flight it has been crashed the problem was I have watched while flying the quad is when I toggle the switch to the GPS mode or Altitude mode it is going up and down not even "toilet bowling effect" still I'am confused and re-uploading the firmware by today and let you know very soon this time and for sure I will make a video this time :'(

please any body sort out this issue , find the way out please

Thanks 

Yuvraj.

This reply was deleted.

Activity