Arducopter apm 2.6

Good evening,I have just bought a apm unit with external Ublox gps unit and external power module,This is being fitted to a Hobby King Bixler 2 PlaneI have done all the Inital setups and calibration as per instructions using the new version apm2 softwareBut unable to get gps lock on the screen or unit.Can any one help with this part of setting or am I missing something out of the advanced settingsI look forward to hearing from you.RegardsNigel Newall

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Double check the wiring. Make sure you it is connected properly. The TX on the APM needs to go the the RX on the GPS.

3702116168?profile=original

If the wiring is correct make sure you leave it outside for a good amount of time before you give up. I have had a new GPS take over 20 mins to connect the first time. Once you connect the first time it is very fast after that.

If that doesn't work then it could be a bad GPS

I purchased this one from E-bay NEO-M8N. It is very good. Fast connection (after the first time) even connects inside the house.

• Good morning Jim.

thank you for you comment.

I purchased another complete unit and tested prior to installing worked first time, so then when through process of elimination to find what was at fault with the other unit and found it was the amp itself !!

• Good morning Muhammad
    I am using a arducoprer amp 2.6 with a unlox 6 gps unit
    I have tried this in the open bud unable to get gps lock
    Any ideas
    Regards nigel
  • Hi,

'But unable to get gps lock on the screen or unit'. what type of gps? N6M? di u try at open field? 

This reply was deleted.

Activity