Arducopter shoots up in Loiter mode

Hello all,

After some basic testing and flying out doors manually and with Alt_Hold, I put my arducopter in Loiter mode. I ensured I had proper GPS lock before hand. A couple of seconds of loitering later, the copter just shot up really high. It didnt drift a lot, but kept going vertically. After getting it down somehow, I tried it again. This time it loitered for a bit longer (may be a semicircle of 2m diameter), and then shot up again. Any ideas, what could be going on and how do I fix it? I couldn't find any solutions in the other posts?

Thanks

Ammar

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi All,

So I tried loiter again with sonar on this time. I got good results for the first 30 seconds or so. And then I could see it rise up slowly. It did not shoot up like it did the last time around, but it rose up constantly and pretty high again. I had to turn it off and land it cautiously. Could someone please help me with what could be happening? I am pretty clueless to be honest.

Attached are the logs from the flight.

Thank you!

log_12:2_9am

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692311269?profile=original
  • Hey, Could anyone tell me what I could be doing wrong with Loiter mode? I want to try to put it again, this time after mounting a sonar (maybe). Though I am afraid it will shoot up again.. Any solution anyone??

BTW: I have definitely have GPS lock

• Developer

If you can post your version and any logs you can download from the APM I can help sort this for you.

Jason

This reply was deleted.

Activity