Arducopter v2.9: Visual Studio 2010?

Hi Guys,

I have bought the Arducopter kit, and uploaded the v2.9.1 version of code. However, I want to edit the code at quite a few places for my own project with it.

I have used Visual Studio before with APM, however it seems that v2.9 requires a modified version of Arduino Environment, and the support for Visual Studio just isn't there (i.e. I am unable to open this project to compile on VS 2010).

Any help with this?

Thanks,

Shyam.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I already have it, but from where to get the HAL?

• Dear, did you figured a solution to build the hex on visual studio?

any tutorial?

• Visual Studio does work with the standard Arduino 1.0.3.

The current codeplex version provides project properties that enable you to specify compiler defines. + The alpha version for Teensy (codeplex downloads list) provides a number of features that allow you to add additional compiler and linker syntax.

If you need something else then let me know and I will add the option to the next release. If you want to see what the Arduino IDE is doing during compile then switch on "File>Preferences>Verbose Compile" and then compile. Post the output in the VM forum thanks.

If you have problems, then in the meantime you can code in VS and compile/upload using your own version of the Arduino  IDE. In the Arduino IDE there is a checkbox on the File>Preferences window called "External Editor". Tick the checkbox to put Arduino into read-only mode. In this mode it will re-load the sketch source from disk prior to compile. This means that you can have the same sketch open in both VS and Arduino at the same time. Edit in VS, upload in Arduino (as per Johns suggestion).

ps: The teensy alpha version is the standard arduino plugin for Visual Studio. It's just called something different to stop thousands of people downloading it when first released. It's stable so okay to use.

• Developer

Most importantly, the VC compiler does not know how to make 8-bit atmega code. You need to compile using AVR-GCC.

To open and edit Arduino projects using VC2010 have a look at http://www.visualmicro.com/

This reply was deleted.

Activity