ArduIMU + ADIS16405? Possible & any suggestions?

Dear All:

I just bought a ArduIMU v1 board and tend to build up an GPS-aided AHRS. Instead of the sensor boards, I tend to integrate an ADIS 16405 sensor with the board. The final aim is to integrate both the DCM algorithm and the accuracy of the 16405 sensor.

What I am going to do is connect the SPI port to ADIS16405. In the code part, just directly take data from the SPI port instead the ADC process. I just wanna know:

1. Does anyone have similar or successful experience? Could you share some with ?

2. To Chris, Jordi, and Doug, I would really appreciate if you guys can give me your suggestions and key points what I should pay attention to in the coming development process?    

All of suggestions are greatly welcome! Many thx in advance.

Alex 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Chris, thx for your soon reply.

Yes, I just want to use the V1 board only (the bare board without sensors). I personally think the most challeging part is the raw data collection since I need to shift to the SPI port.

According to your experience, do you think the current PI gains (for drift correction) are suitable also if the raw acc/gyro sensors changed?

Thx.
  • 3D Robotics
    I'm not quite following. If you're not going to use the sensors on the ArduIMU, why use that board? If you just want a microprocessor to run the AHRS code, standard ArduPilot would be better.
  • One specific question: ADIS16405 will be used as the SPI slave, so the ArduIMU has the capacity to be the SPI master, right?

Again, thx for all suggestions. Will report my progress update recently.
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…