ArduIMU v1.7 problems

Hello, I'm having problems running the 1.7 version of ArduIMU, when I first plugged the ArduIMU to the computer to see if it worked with HppyKillmore software, it worked but I think accel information was in gyro information and gyro information was in accel information. So I uploaded the last 1.7 version of ArduIMU on the board and since then all I get when I try to read on the serial monitor of arduino is:

It is printed once. It changes a little when I reset and try another position. It doesn't work anymore on HappyKillmore software.

I tried the 1.5 version and it worked better but there was only gyro x y z information displayed in the accel part. I have a magnetometer but I didn't plug it in yet because I wanted to try with just the board to see if it worked by itself.

Here is the configuration I use:

// *** NOTE!   Hardware version - Can be used for v1 (daughterboards) or v2 (flat)
#define BOARD_VERSION 2 // 1 For V1 and 2 for V2

// Ublox gps is recommended!
#define GPS_PROTOCOL 1    // 1 - Ublox,  2 - EM406,  3 - NMEA    We have only tested with Ublox

// Enable Air Start uses Remove Before Fly flag - connection to pin 6 on ArduPilot 
#define ENABLE_AIR_START 0  //  1 if using airstart/groundstart signaling, 0 if not
#define GROUNDSTART_PIN 8    //  Pin number used for ground start signal (recommend 10 on v1 and 8 on v2 hardware)

/*Min Speed Filter for Yaw drift Correction*/
#define SPEEDFILT 2 // >1 use min speed filter for yaw drift cancellation, 0=do not use speed filter

/*For debugging propurses*/
#define PRINT_DEBUG 0   //Will print Debug messages

//OUTPUTMODE=1 will print the corrected data, 0 will print uncorrected data of the gyros (with drift), 2 will print accelerometer only data
#define OUTPUTMODE 1

#define PRINT_DCM 1     //Will print the whole direction cosine matrix
#define PRINT_ANALOGS 1 //Will print the analog raw data
#define PRINT_EULER 1   //Will print the Euler angles Roll, Pitch and Yaw
#define PRINT_GPS 0     //Will print GPS data

// *** NOTE!   To use ArduIMU with ArduPilot you must select binary output messages
#define PRINT_BINARY 0  

// *** NOTE!   Performance reporting is only supported for Ublox.  Set to 0 for others
#define PERFORMANCE_REPORTING 0 

/* Support for optional magnetometer (1 enabled, 0 dissabled) */
#define USE_MAGNETOMETER 0 

/* Support for optional barometer (1 enabled, 0 dissabled) */
#define USE_BAROMETER 0 
#define ALT_MIX 50

(I deleted some comments here so it would be more readable in the topic)

I work with the TTL-232R-3v3 USB ti TTL Serial Cable from FTDI Chip, at a baud rate of 38400.

If anyone knows what I do wrong?

Thank you in advance,

Christophe

Ps: the board worked well when I received it, before I had to change the code to  test and then add the magnetometer. Isn't it the 1.7 That was on the board? 

Ps2: the ArduIMU demo on the wiki is not the same as the one in the pictures. I don't have the display of the accelerometers, I have pitch, roll, yaw and AN0-5 in two separate windows.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• V1.6 works great with the ArduIMU demo found on the wiki. The magnetometer corrects the yaw, it shows where north is, only thing that is not working on this software or Happy Killmore software is acceleration. Pitch and roll drifts are corrected apparently, so they must work but we have no display on HappyKillmore software and no speed indication (speed=0 all the time) with ArduIMU demo. Does it have something to do with the board? Or the demo software? What can I do to fix the problem?
    Also, the cube works great on the ArduIMU Demo but doesn't work on Happy Killmore software.

Thank you in advance,

Christophe
  • Versions 1.5 and 1.6 work well with the ArduIMU test software available on the ArduIMU wiki, but 1.7 still doesn't work, it is a software problem, I'm relieved to see that the board works fine :) But I still need help if I want to work with the 1.7 version.

Christophe
This reply was deleted.

Activity