ardupilot 2.5.1 board and power

I have an ardupilot 2.5.1 that I.was under the impression that.the esc.would power the.board. well.it doesn't so can I use The power supply connector.from.the store on here for like 25$. I am on phone so this may look odd.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• here are a couple pics and a video of it hooked up to the usb with the led lights.

This is alos the receiver and the radio i am using. The turnagy radio has the DIY frsky module inside

it.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17205__FrSky_DHT_8ch_DIY...

here is a video of the leds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq1LiQYpd08&feature=youtube_gdata

2013-01-01_17-47-27_853.jpg

2013-01-01_17-47-13_638.jpg

• Ok when i connect direcly to the frsky d8r-xp receiver the motor beeps fast. I plugged in the esc into input 1 on the receiver and the motor beeps fast with no control. When i unplug it the motor stops beeping. I also tried input 1-8 just to be sure. Same on all.

• Ok so i changed the jumper and no i am having some issues.. I plugged in the usb tot he computer and to the 2.5.1 ardupilot board. i then started and opened the mission planner software and calibrated the radio for inputs for throttle and so on. Well i disconnected everything. I powered up the radio and then the hexa. I have a dim green light on the d8r-xp receiver on the hexa but i have a combo red orange flashing light on the back of the radio. Same as when i did the calibration. I have alot of flashing lights on the ardupilot 2.5.1 board but i have no output to the copter. The radio will beep about every 4 seconds and one of the motors beep about every 5 seconds? Any ideas. i can post videos or pictures if needed.

• Thank you guys so much.. I really apriceate the information. I look more at it when I get home... starting the new years fun.
  • The ESC will power the APM if JP1 is installed.  In the drawing below, JP1 connects the bus highlighted in orangeto the bus highlighted in red.

3692578772?profile=original

• 3D Robotics

Yes, your ESC can power the board. Just make sure the JP1 jumper is on if you want to use that. But the Power Module will do a better job (more reliable power, plus it includes voltage/current sensing).

(This in the manual here)

This reply was deleted.

Activity