Ardupilot 2.2.3 with ATMEGA328 board - Problem

Ok, I am new to this, built configured, and uploaded the 2.2.3 autopilot code just fine.I installed the unit in an EasyStar. Uploaded the easystar code. Hooked up all servos to Out port as per the manual. Hooked corresponding servos lines from IN port to receiver.Turned on the aircraft via ESC and battery.Autopilot turns on with bind plug in, it searches for GPS lock. As it starts to lock GPS the Elevator and rudder start moving, up-center-down for elevator, left-center-right for rudder. Then the GPS light goes lock, I remove the bind plug. Then suddenly full throttle. No elevator control, no rudder control. Throttle does not respond to any radio command. I try the CTRL switch which for me is channel 6, 3 position switch on my radio, all positions do nothing. I hit the Reset button, all stops for like a millisecond and starts full throttle all over again.Any Idea what I am doing wrong here. I can't find anything in the forums on this specific issue, nor in the manual.Any help much appreciated...-Peter

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ok...Some progress...I took CTRL out of channel 6 on my radio, move it to channel 5 2 position gear switch. Now I can control everything just fine, If switch is in UP position I have full control of all surfaces including throttle, when I switch to DOWN position, it kicks the throttle in and starts moving the elevator depending on me move the frame. I must assume this is correct, however I know I need to verify whether pitch up and pitch down correspond to proper correction by ardupilot. As well for rudder. But I though the 3 position was required for the different modes.

Any idea, I am checking to see if my channel 6 is inhibited by mistake of something in the programming. Using JR 10SX with 72mhx synth. module.

Do I need to modify the code to move to a 2 position switch, also will 2 position give me RTL and auto mode and off ? I doubt it since its 2 position.

Any ideas or help much appreciated. Thanks Tom for the quick reply. Throttle is not reversed, is working correctly on Mode 2 transmitter on left stick up for increase - down for decrease.

Thanks much for the help in advance...

-Peter
  • Just a guess here. Is your thottle reversed on your transmitter? If not, may be the ArduPilot software's output reversed it?
This reply was deleted.

Activity