Ardupilot rc truck project

Here is my project:e-savage rc truck framephidget 8 rc pulse boardardupilot 406 gps no shieldhp mini 1000 pcRaven x cellular modemMy plan is to control my truck via the web and have it hit waypoints via ardupilot. Real time telemetry will be sent via ftdi cable plugged into laptop.Question 1: does anyone have code examples for a working ardupilot ground project?Question 2: I'm still confused about the serial port. Will I get real time telemetry via an ftdi USB cable while the gps is plugged in and getting fixes?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Also here is some pictures updating my project

• If I add a connection lead to my battery input on the ardupilot board, will the voltage be read even if I keep the power coming from the servos? I like the board being powered from the servo's but I need a way to have realtime telemetry passed back to my remote control station before I kill my lipo and I'm hoping this could be my solution. Thanks
  • 3D Robotics
    Yes, you will get real time telemetery via FTDI (ox Xbee) when the GPS is plugged in. You just can't send data the other way, back to ArduPilot.
This reply was deleted.

Activity