ARDUPILOT with GPRS (telif GM862)

Hi guys,I got some ideas when checking the following link:http://tinkerlog.com/2009/05/15/interfacing-arduino-with-a-telit-gm862/Chris! Jordi!being the master minds of Ardupilot's board, could this be possible to interface the GM862 with all the rest?Thanks.Raven47

ardupilot diagram buil pcb board.JPG

atmega328 diagram.JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi folks!

I consider myself a rookie, but I am hungry to learn from you guys. (Thank God for Internet!)
    OK! So I think I figured it out:
    1- For initial testing phase I should just stick with the xbee for learning all about I want to learn.
    2- For "D" day flight where the issue is "where the hell is the UAV??" This can be answered by unpluging the tx from the xbee and connect it to the rx of the Telit GM862.
    3- Just for curiosity (Here in Portugal the mobile operators charge us 5 euros for 75MB of data, with a minimum of 10kb averytime you use GPRS). To find out how much it will cost us to use GPRS in the 4 hours flight is simple:
    75MB = 75000Kb
    Minimum packet is 10Kb (even if you tx 1byte, they charge you as if it was 10Kb) so we only get 7500 packets of data
    To find out hou often should we tell the Telif GM862 to tx is done by dividing 4 hours of flight (4 x 60min x 60sec = 14400)
    Then we divide 14400sec by 7500Kb = 1.92 (which is almost every 2 sec we can tx 10Kb)

Chris! Jordi! or someone!
    Who knows how much is the Telemetry data packet (in Bytes) that is TX every time?

Thanks in advance. I appologise if you didn't find this issue of some interest.
    Raven47
  • Hello again,

Just to include a link which gave me some ideas for my project.
    http://tinkerlog.com/2009/05/15/interfacing-arduino-with-a-telit-gm...

Chris, Jordi! Could it be possible to interface the GM862 with all the rest of the ArduPilot?

Thanks, Raven47

telitGM862.jpg

This reply was deleted.

Activity