Hi, I thought it might be a good idea to connect my Ardutracker to Mission Planner with Bluetooth, and so avoid the USB cable between them. It will e.g. be easy to put the tracker at a high tripod. I have paired my laptop and Bluetooth module connected to the pixhawk at the tracker, but can not initiate communication. I get: "No heartbeat packets received". Have checked the com port used and set the speed to 57600. Anyone who have any idea what to do? Grateful for all the help.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks - will check it out.

• No need for apologies. I've never thought of that, but when I think about it, I have a ccouple of BT applications running that connect too. My Runcam v2 e.g and the lawn mowing robot. So I think that is not the problem. It might be the BT-unit itself, so I've ordered another HC-06 module, so I can compare. But it will probably take 14 days before that arrives.

• Thanks James.

I've already done that. I came to the same conclusion. A HC-06 with a cable configured for connection to a Pixhawk.

I tried setting it up with an Arduino Uno to identify the baud rate. The default rate is said to be 57600. I do not get any response on AT commands at all, but at 57600 I get €-signs coming at the serial inerface contiously with some seconds between them. Don't know what that means.

• Yes. It's connected to the Telem2 port. (BTW have tested Telem1 and Serial 4/5 ports which all are said to work.) Same result.

According to the detailed message:"MP waits for 2 valid heartbeats before connecting". So why do they not come? What unit is sending them? The Ardutracker I belive. I have the latest V0.8.0. installed. Are there any firmware in the BT unit? I have this one: http://www.banggood.com/Apm2_52_62_8-Pixhawk-PIX-2_43-Bluetooth-Mod...

This reply was deleted.

Activity