Arming with joystick

When in Joystick control mode using MP, It appears that MP won't allow the arming of a craft with the usual Throttle Min + Right yaw joystick movement.  Is that the case?  Or am I doing something wrong?

I finally found a controller with USB output that has 5 channels and works with MP. 

When I enable the "joystick option" in MP and go back and check on the RADIO Calibration (in Initial setup) I can see the channels all working properly.  But when I move the left stick down and to the right (my usual method of arming when using a radio), the craft doesn't arm.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Same goal here, with the advantage of no knowledge of 2.4Ghz transmitter. 

I did have the 80's 27Mhz transmitter and nitro engine with a big plane 20+ years ago. 

I armed my APM with a joystick button last night for the first time, bringing in myself to the 21st century drone-as-computer-world. I have skipped the entire 2.4Ghz development during the past 20 years. 

• My goal is to replace the 2.4Ghz radio link entirely, but not lose the functionality and familiarity I have with my present controllers.  I now have the capability to use my regular (Futaba or FlySky) controllers with MP (using a USB converter connected to the "buddy" port of the controller).  I would like every function to act exactly the same as it did when I was controlling the craft with a 2.4Ghz link.

I have found that - in an emergency, when I have to react fast to solve a problem in the air, working with a familiar controller is a great help.

• You are the cool kid here.

Chris Khosravi said:

I use a button on my joystick to arm.

• I use a button on my joystick to arm.

• And the same page has another suggestion to use mission planner android. It says that the android version allows arming. Looks like it is a setting on the ground station side. The APM does not prevent arming with MavLink.

John Gibson said:

I am interested in finding out. Someone said that long-press a safety button in pixhawk is needed, 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Multicopter/comments/2nyo32/manually_arm_a...

, but it didn't not say ardupilot .

• I am interested in finding out. Someone said that long-press a safety button in pixhawk is needed, 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Multicopter/comments/2nyo32/manually_arm_a...

, but it didn't not say ardupilot .

r/Multicopter - Manually arm APM 2.6 flight controller without using the mission planner software?
    2 votes and 11 comments so far on Reddit
This reply was deleted.

Activity