We have a single project that is simple and straightforward for the right person.  

Help us refine parameters, sensor data or whatever it takes to make a flying wing softly land within a 25 foot predetermined landing point with varying wind conditions 90% of the time using a PixHawk autopilot.

Applicant does not need to travel but can instead study our logs, flight plan and environmental information remotely then submit updated parameter files and suggested waypoint paths.  We will then validate the suggested files in our aircraft at our location.

If you think you are knowledgeable enough to complete this task under under seven days, you are welcome to submit a proposal.  If not, please don't apply.

You will be paid based on the results:

• Earn $600 if your contributions cause our aircraft to land softly, 90% of the time within a 10 foot predetermined landing spot.
  • Earn $500 if your contributions cause our aircraft to land softly, 90% of the time within a 25 foot predetermined landing spot.
  • Earn $400 if your contributions cause our aircraft to land softly, 90% of the time within a 50 foot predetermined landing spot.
  • Nothing will be paid if your contributions can not at least cause our aircraft to land 90% of the time within a 50 foot predetermined landing spot.

NOTES:

We will supply current parameters used, T-Logs of recent flights and an initial Skype or Google Hangout meeting to review the project.

Be aware winds in our area range from 0 to 30 mph.

We will supply copies of the T-logs documenting the landing data for your review.

The results of this project are to be kept confidential and not shared.

Applications need to be sent to me on this forum thread.  

We will select one person for this project.

The deadline for applications are 12:00 PM CST (Chicago time) 11/13/14.

Applications from anywhere in the world are welcome to participate.

Thank you.

Bret C

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Our SurVoyer mk-II systems do this every time these days. It took MANY months of hard work, many flights, much data analysis, and many mods to the landing profile and control code.

You want it in 7 days? for 600$?? Really???

Wow.....

The Nampilot

• The Nampilot:

Thanks for your note.

Yes, I fully understand the MANY months of hard work.  I have been there, done that and we are doing it now.  

I should have mentioned we have another autopilot that already lands within a 15 ft circle in any conditions.  However we also want to offer the PixHawk.  Currently our wing with the PixHawk lands within a 100 radius but we know it can be improved by someone with experience.

Wow! 

Bret C

This reply was deleted.

Activity