Auto landing gear

Hello all,
I've been searching for quite awhile now, but haven't found the solution (yet).
I have a Hex with a PixHawk FC (running APM:Copter V3.3.3 Hexa) and a Taranis TX.
My landing gear is working all right this far:
With CH 8 on a 3 position switch, it's "down" on 991 pwm and "up" on 2010 pwm.
However: CH 8 in mid position (1502 pwm) it should act on "auto".
In Mission Planner I've left the servo pwm values on default.
So my problem is: How can I get it to react in mid position (auto retract)
Thanks in advance.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• have eyes on: 

Signal wire of LG is in port AUX 3 of Pixhawk. 

RC11_Function is 29 (LG)

3-Pos-Switch is on Channel 8 of the Pixhawk with Low pwm 982, mid 1494 and high 2006

In Extended Tuning Tab CH8_opt is landing gear. So pixhawk knows that rc 8 is for the LG

LGR_SERVO_DEPLOY is a value of 1000

LGR_SERVO_RTRCT is 1950

That is basicly my setup and it works. Well, works in the way that i can control the LG with the 3-pos switch. High value is retracted, low is deployed. If i retract the gear after takeoff in a mission and put the switch in middle pos it will deploy at the end of the mission, in land mode or rtl. 

There is no auto retract after takeoff or i haven't find it yet. 

Maybe you can use this setup as a start

ahh ok... i think i found something as i was reading your post again... 

You put the signal wire for the landing gear in MAIN Out 8? i think this is not working as it needs to be in AUX out. As i described it is in AUX 3 in my setup. 

Maybe this is a shortcut for your problem... 

• http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/landing-gear.html

"If assigned to a 3-position switch, the middle position will not cause a change in state of the landing gear. In the future, this will be used for an automatic mode, but this is not enabled for AC3.3."

Archived: Landing Gear — Copter documentation
    • Any idea when it will be implemented?

• sorry, no idea. my landing gears are on rx channel. im planning to connect them thru px when this feature is enabled.

Have u viewed some threads about copter 3.4 dev fw ? Perhaps u find out something about this subject from there. :)

• After some searching I found this "Added auto-deploy function for Land, RTL and Auto modes".

Still don't know if it works for me, because the weather won't let me try.

• great, so it´s in ac3.4 ?

• Don't know, but I guess it will be. My PixHawk is on ac3.3.3 (but I could not try it out yet)

• hi

Just connected my landing gear to px.

I wonder if the landing gear will anyway do some auto functions..

"Furthermore, the landing gear will automatically deploy immediately upon entering Land mode, as well as the landing phase of RTL mode, or an auto-land in Auto mode. This is especially important in the case of radio failsafe RTL events, where it would not be possible for the pilot to lower the gear manually.

If assigned to a 3-position switch, the middle position will not cause a change in state of the landing gear. In the future, this will be used for an automatic mode, but this is not enabled for AC3.3."

so..automatic mode is missions etc, right ? In that case; "landing gear will automatically deploy immediately upon entering Land mode, as well as the landing phase of RTL mode"

well, i will test that when we have next rainless day.

Have you tested rtl or land modes?

• Finaly got to do some testing..........

Still no luck though :-(

Please tell me how you connected everything.

VCC and Ground servo to ??? (into PixHawk # ?)

Signal servo to ??? (into PixHawk # ?)

Setting CH8_OPT (or CH9_OPT) in MissionPlanner ???

Is there any wire going from the PixHawk directly to the copters Receiver ???

• Hi

i'm using the auto mode for quite some time now on my landing gear. 

I got the landing gear wired with only the signal wire to my FC. vcc and ground go to a bec. 

The output on the FC is linked to a 3-pos switch on my tx, no wire connection between rx and landing gear. Parameter in FC is set to 29 (Landing gear) i guess. if switch is high, landing gear retracts, low it deploys. In middle pos it is auto and deploys automatic in rtl and landing as mentioned above. 

I haven't figured the auto retract out but i guess it isn't implemented so far.

making the long story short:

Connected Signal wire from LG to FC, VCC and Ground of landing gear to a bec. Configured a 3-pos switch for the right rc function. Set Rc-function according the output where i wired the LG on to 29

Hope this gets you going 

This reply was deleted.

Activity