Was out at the hobby store to see what i'm sure everyone has heard of before, the gaui 500x and it doesn't look that bad.  But I do have a few quick questions before I bite the pricey bullet.  A.  are there any other almost ready to fly kits that pack up as nicely as this in it's own bag?  I've found a bunch of frames but the basic kit seems eluding plus this one doesn't have all the obvious bells and whistles of a aruducopter.  Any advice or suggestions to something that will pack light to motorcycle to south america would be appreciated.  ;-)

B. I've read that people are starting to develop stuff to have cell phone operate the quad or control whatever right?!  I know there are obvious limitations in distance compared to a proper controler.  Any serious contenders in this area?  If I can cut my radio loose from traveling, would be a great benefit.  :-)

Thanks in advance.

Ivan.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Ivan,

Hoverthings are working on a foldable H-frame version, Droidworx have a professional grade foldable available now, and I'm working on my own for the same reason. Check out My Project

cheers!

Owen  

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…